Rebuilding A Ph1 Sigma 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilding A Ph1 Sigma 6
So listed my S1 106 rallye the other week, sold it less than a week later and bought Carl's ph1 6.

had to steal his pictures as I've been unable to drive it since! water began spurting out from the thermostat house/top rad hose on the way home..which you apparently can't get anymore, up on the ramp looks like it needs abit of work doing also  Dodgy

[Image: 20140613_175822_zpsnpn0jlye.jpg]
[Image: 20140709_181742_zpsamyzwwpz.jpg]
[Image: 20140214_165831_zpsetu2fhhc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks lovely mate

Shit luck mate,sounds like a HG problem if waters comming out the rad.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Great looking car. Hope you're back on the road soon.
Thanks given by:
What other work does it need dude?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
waters not coming out the rad, it's coming from the thermostat housing.

needs wheel bearings, brakes all round, bottom arms, strut top bearings, drop links, rear beam bushings... think thats about it
Thanks given by:
Did abit of wheel swapping, was planning on binning the 17's but they really are "superlight" weigh less than the 16" speedlines...so stuck them on the old girl for now.

[Image: IMAG0282_zpsgsn7pm0c.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0280_zpsyxtaertq.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0279_zpsrr5xwfh6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What on earth is that hole on the wing of the red one all about? To feed an air filter, assuming it's a TD?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
The 17's really suit the DT and never seen a hole there before lol
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 02:45 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: What on earth is that hole on the wing of the red one all about?  To feed an air filter, assuming it's a TD?

Wing exit exhaust I reckon! lol
Thanks given by:
What the actual f*ck
Thanks given by:
Something more stupid than exhaust....

[Image: DSC_6782.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doesn't the thread title give it away. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I didn't even understand the title, think I'm getting old... lol

I still cant see what that hole is though?
Thanks given by:
so turns out head gasket did go on the gentle drive on the way home.....probably already on its way out.. glad I sold my rallye and bought this hunk of shit
Thanks given by:
poor girl...

[Image: IMAG0287_zpsg4pu9xbd.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0286_zpsraqmm0wg.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0289_zpspv9vjw1o.jpg]

heads being sent off today...hoping to finally get to drive it this week!
Thanks given by:
Good you found the problem mate

Who you senting it off too,a decent second hand head would be £100 or so.
Thanks given by:
This is where she ended up so sad to see it in such a bad way glad it's being saved though if you need to know anything drop me a message.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
saved might be the wrong word... it's one step away from a match at the moment haha
Thanks given by:
So..someones been abit of a bodge king, few things been sorted over the passed week
[Image: 1426947071610_zpss5fvxhoy.jpg]
Instead of welding the smashed engine mount, someone had jammed a funny not onto their nescafe coffee sieve

looks like is had a thermostat from a 900cc fiat, the house, the water pump and pretty much everything seemed to be 95% clogged up with rust

Whoever previously rebuilt the head has managed round of pretty much everything in sight

when fitting the horrid steering wheel, for some reason they left bare wires for the airbag flapping around

expecting to find more..noticed theres an interference in the radio when you change the fan settings..so probably a fire waiting to happen behind there
Thanks given by:
Hateful when someone working on a car first corners nuts etc, but what it the hole in the wing of the red one?
Thanks given by:
I must own up to the sieve that was me. The head was done before I owned it. Is it all running again now?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Just tell us what the god damn hole in the wing was for! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 09:38 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Just  tell us what the god damn hole in the wing was for! Big Grin

It was an air filter, pipercross by the look of it.
Thanks given by:
Hole in the wing is indeed for an airfilter , remember the red dt project from back on club306
Thanks given by:
its running, just needs the piles of rust flushing out. and now a new drive shaft as it decided to fall apart
Thanks given by:
So MOT was due yesterday..Didn't make it... was sat running for a while to make sure everything was OK, then a strange metal on metal noise could be heard...after alot of searching this was found hitting the fly wheel..

[Image: 11084499_417522875076210_1651530829_n_zpsijiioueg.jpg]

Thanks again previous owners.....cars a reminder to avoid forum cars
Thanks given by:
Holy shit! They left the locking tool in. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
from a diesel.....
Thanks given by:
Anyone an idea with top end knocking/tapping?... heads been rebuilt..now decides to tap, anyway to find out what could be the cause without removing the head again?!
Thanks given by:
Valve guides installed incorrectly, reused bent valves or they've contacted the pistons again.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: