hdi turbo change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi turbo change?
I fear my hdi's blower may be on its way out as its drinking abit of oil :-( its looks very tricky to change the turbo, could anyone please help
Thanks given by:
Its a pain in the arse on these!

Access is the issue so either remove engine mounts or drop subframe. Or if you've other jobs to do (clutch?) just pull the engine out whole.
Thanks given by:
Subframe off would be my choice, but as Tom says, if you've got other jobs to do it's probably easier to take the whole lump out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Am i right in thinking if i remove my top engine mount i will be able to pull my engine forward to gain some access down the back of the engine?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure you will also have to undo the rear engine mount (stabiliser) to allow it to swing forward.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it will, don't take the lower mount off at the same time though, else it'll all come crashing out lol. Personally i'd use a jack to support it while you remove the top mount, then you can lower it gently while keeping an eye on stuff that may try and mate with your radiator.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-03-2015, 06:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah, it will, don't take the lower mount off at the same time though, else it'll all come crashing out lol. Personally i'd use a jack to support it while you remove the top mount, then you can lower it gently while keeping an eye on stuff that may try and mate with your radiator.
I assumed he would know to support the engine before doing so haha.
Thanks given by:
No need to remove the subframe or the top engine mount. Remove the bottom mount, driveshaft and bracket and its very doable
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turbo change mattydturb 5 1,168 12-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: mattydturb
  Hdi turbo change... Quickly ozonehostile 9 2,564 26-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: HDi--Power
  Turbo change cost? Dave26 10 3,535 27-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Last Post: karl1989