Swedish whip!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish whip!
So I brought a Swedish whip.. Not got a pug anymore but will hopefully be getting one for a bit of French fun and keeping the Volvo as a daily, it's a blue Volvo C30, 2.0td 134bhp, great condition, 49k on the clock and full service history. Heres a picture of her... [Image: a4a56c3ad52be1311e3d8b01728e4c11.jpg]
Haven't got many as I only got it earlier and its dark out ahah.
Thanks given by:
Love these. Would love a R design one!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This apparently is an R-design but I can't decide...
Thanks given by:
yer that is a r design.. still get tempted by one of these remapped d5 tho naturally Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2015, 11:38 PM)eskimogod Wrote: yer that is a r design.. still get tempted by one of these remapped d5 tho naturally Wink
Mate do it, this ones only a 2.0D but with a power flow exhaust. Keeping it how it is for a bit then its getting a K&N panel and remap. Its so nice to drive! Honestly feels so much better than a 306... But I still want one for some reason ahahah
Thanks given by:
Just a disguised focus, also isn't the 2.0 134bhp lump a 16v DW HDi lump?

That said I really have a soft spot for these especially the T5
Thanks given by:
Very nice.
Thanks given by:
Really like these, until i see the rear!
Thanks given by:
Good choice! Get it mapped to about 175bhp! Really low mileage tbh.

I've got a D4 R Design Smile
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yup, focus hdi lol. As above tbh, it's like volvo got as far back as the rear arches then someone slipped them a few mushrooms before they designed the boot. Lovely cars though, very nice place to be, effortless on the motorway.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Very nice!! Hopefully you'll have more luck with this lol.
Thanks given by:
Friend of mine has one of these in D5 2.4d guise, goes like absolute stink & the sound track is great on the D5. Still wouldn't have one though as they are very small!

I'd have a V50 D5 though, but then again there are much better cars out there..
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 07:24 AM)Anton Wrote: Good choice! Get it mapped to about 175bhp! Really low mileage tbh.

I've got a D4 R Design Smile
Yeah that's the plan eventually!
(17-02-2015, 09:24 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Very nice!! Hopefully you'll have more luck with this lol.
I hope so!
(17-02-2015, 01:50 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: Really like these, until i see the rear!
Yeah I'm not the fondest of the boot but it may looked better tinted
(17-02-2015, 09:29 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Friend of mine has one of these in D5 2.4d guise, goes like absolute stink & the sound track is great on the D5. Still wouldn't have one though as they are very small!

I'd have a V50 D5 though, but then again there are much better cars out there..
Tbh I feel like there's just as much room if not more than in the 306.
Thanks given by:
Meh everyone whinges on about the boot, but when you realise that it's massive with the back seats down, I don't think it especially matters... How often do you need to carry something that won't fit in the boot, but you wouldn't have to put the back seats down for...

Meh, I love my V50, the compromises are made in the right place IMHO, yes it's hardly "sporting" but it steers a damned sight better than any A4 or Passat, not to mention the engine isn't a brick in a washing machine like any VAG stuff of the era, not got BMW tax to buy and right around the BMW age cam chain problems, parts are easy to come by and have very few documented problems... There's not many other cars I'd choose to drive large distances in... It's one of those cars that you drive and seems a bit bland, but when you have to live with it, it all clicks into place.

Live with it a few weeks and you'll begin to love it... I don't know many people who've bought one and decided they disliked it - in terms of the C30/S40/V50...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Very nice mate only thing that I don't like about these is the rear bumper on the non twin exit exhaust have a silly like bank instead of a different bumper.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2015, 01:59 PM)7057sam Wrote: Very nice mate only thing that I don't like about these is the rear bumper on the non twin exit exhaust have a silly like bank instead of a different bumper.
[Image: 4dd3522c9cc47162f68c9dbab5f8839b.jpg] yeah I dont have that issue..
Thanks given by:
Love these cars, the boots a decent size if you remove the parcel shelf, the wife's has been great only fault it's had so far is the passenger seat jamming in the forward position [Image: e41f3dffb9c6d34874c96c1681b15fe0.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Love these! I even like the rear, I think it's what really sets it apart from most generic stuff that gets made
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=23908
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swedish Hot-Rod - Compound Boosted 5.9l Cummins bigcheez2k3 9 2,845 23-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo