306 like Renault sport

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 like Renault sport
Shocked 
Soo looking for a new car as my 1.1 206 has about had it I test drove a 182 and although I'm only 20 insurance is only 1300 :o 

The garage wanted 3k as finance but for some reason I offered him 500 for a deposit yet my application got declined. So my question is, is there a 306 that can compete with the 182 tbh it was a little too fast so maybe a xsi would suffice or how fast is a mapped hdi the mpg looks great

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes the 306 GTi will be as fast at the 182
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 08:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yes the 306 GTi will be as fast at the 182

Thanks ? what's a good price for a '6 ?
Thanks given by:
I'd think that depends on its condition but they start at £400
Thanks given by:

Not as fast as a mapped HDi.. Heard they'll out drag an Evo Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

Not as fast as a mapped HDi.. Heard they'll out drag an Evo Big Grin

Only thing that attracts Me to a hdi is mpg but this 182 felt pretty fun just a little expensive for something I'm going to abuse. I'd rather buy a cheaper car that's a bit slower remember I drive a 1.1 atm
Thanks given by:
A 1.8 16v XS like mine could be considered if you don't want a '6 or 182 just yet...

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=162561
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
182 will be quicker than a 6, also better on fuel.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 09:05 PM)Ash J Wrote: A 1.8 16v XS like mine could be considered if you don't want a '6 or 182 just yet...

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=162561

How much you looking for and where abouts are you
Thanks given by:
206 GTI 180? I know of a lovely one with only 59k and full MOT Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I do love clio sports. Had a couple of 172's a few years back. I love them, sound lovely as standard and average 35mpg. If i didn't need space for 2 baby seats, i would definately have it over a 306.
Thanks given by:
I went from a 1.1L 106 up to a gti6 and it was amazing.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If this is your first car with a reasonable amount of displacement i'd suggest a 1.8 valver or similar. The problem with a six is that by the time you've mashed the redline in the first three gears you're doing illegal speeds, but it just doesn't come alive under forty and it's pretty addictive. I don't know how much of a hooligan you are, but if you're anything like me it's the sort of car that will get you in trouble. Big Grin

A mapped HDi is great, drives like a normal diesel and gets the same economy, then has a monumental wedge of torque for overtakes and traffic-light racing. Not that i ever spend time upsetting boxster and x5 drivers that are trying to queue jump out of the right-turn lane, that would be irresponsible and immature...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Why not a 172, they're stupid cheap right now.

The 182 never really made much more power than the 172 anyway.
Thanks given by:
Not driven a 182 but sat in one once, quite quick and think the weight of them helps with that. Had alot of extra toys such as cruise control, traction control or maybe it was stability (?) etc. At french car show last year the 182's pretty much destroyed anything else.
Have been in a passenger in a six being driven at "fun" speeds through the country side and loved every second of it. Not sure how they are as a town car though, in my mind all I think of when i think of a six is the radiator fans coming on due to overheating Tongue

I had a stage 1 hdi for a bit and while the torque was nice for town and handy for the overtakes it just never felt very fun to drive.
Driving a high revving petrol down a country lane having to smash it down to second, come on cam and just bwarrp away is just satisfying beyond belief

Yes the ZR might take long to get to places than the 306 did but i'll say this. when I park up and walk away from the zr have a smile on my face and always look back at it
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 10:24 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Yes the ZR might take long to get to places than the 306 did but i'll say this. when I park up and walk away from the zr have a smile on my face and always look back at it

Yeah Alzheimer's does that to you Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 08:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: If this is your first car with a reasonable amount of displacement i'd suggest a 1.8 valver or similar. The problem with a six is that by the time you've mashed the redline in the first three gears you're doing illegal speeds, but it just doesn't come alive under forty and it's pretty addictive. I don't know how much of a hooligan you are, but if you're anything like me it's the sort of car that will get you in trouble. Big Grin

The above is very true, the GTi6 needs to be driven past 4k if not 5k to feel fast and it encourages you to do so. The car loves to be revved and is more than happy to see the red line in every gear, well, it wont get there in 6th but even 5th it moves rapidly round the rev counter. Lets put it like this the limit in each gear is 43mph in 1st, 67mph in 2nd, 88mph in 3rd, 108mph in 4th, 131mph in 5th and 156mph in 6th. Also it wants to be thrown into corners and abused and it will corner faster than is safe on the road.

Let's put it like this, I've only driven my rallye once in the last week-10 days, just to work and back and got told off twice for my enthusiastic driving.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 10:48 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I do love clio sports. Had a couple of 172's a few years back. I love them, sound lovely as standard and average 35mpg. If i didn't need space for 2 baby seats, i would definately have it over a 306.

Just looked at the prices for the 172 and if there isnt much between the 172 and 182 I think that would suite me more (price is about 1k lower) the only reason I went for the 182 was that it was at the local dealer.

(15-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 08:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: If this is your first car with a reasonable amount of displacement i'd suggest a 1.8 valver or similar. The problem with a six is that by the time you've mashed the redline in the first three gears you're doing illegal speeds, but it just doesn't come alive under forty and it's pretty addictive. I don't know how much of a hooligan you are, but if you're anything like me it's the sort of car that will get you in trouble. Big Grin

The above is very true, the GTi6 needs to be driven past 4k if not 5k to feel fast and it encourages you to do so. The car loves to be revved and is more than happy to see the red line in every gear, well, it wont get there in 6th but even 5th it moves rapidly round the rev counter. Lets put it like this the limit in each gear is 43mph in 1st, 67mph in 2nd, 88mph in 3rd, 108mph in 4th, 131mph in 5th and 156mph in 6th. Also it wants to be thrown into corners and abused and it will corner faster than is safe on the road.

Let's put it like this, I've only driven my rallye once in the last week-10 days, just to work and back and got told off twice for my enthusiastic driving.

The size of the '6 is more appealing but the insurance is about £300 more, and yes I had a 110bhp bora for 2 months and got pulled twice. 

(15-02-2015, 10:21 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Why not a 172, they're stupid cheap right now.

The 182 never really made much more power than the 172 anyway.

Love the price of the 172 but insurance is even more than a '6  Huh

At the moment a 

182 is around 1300
172 is around 1700
and a '6 is around 1500 

Ive paid in full for my 1.1 until november so im saving around £100 per week

If I wait until then ill have around £3k for the car and insurance but ill be 21 with 2 years NCB so insurance drops a hell of a lot just want something to tinker with on the drive if I decide to wait
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Probably best not to arrive at the police station being heard from a mile away and ending with a handbrake turn in a cloud of tyre smoke though tbf... lol

I agree though, 6's aren't great at public road speeds...you get a nice noise below 5k and enough torque to pull you along despite what some people say on here. But you don't really start to get the 'punch' until past there. So many times I've found myself doing a 0-60 from a junction onto an NSL road, and within ~7 seconds drop it into 5th/6th without realising the speedo says 80+. Confused Not that the speedo will be accurate lol, but haven't used the sat nav to compare in the '6.
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 11:01 AM)doski Wrote: The size of the '6 is more appealing but the insurance is about £300 more, and yes I had a 110bhp bora for 2 months and got pulled twice. 
A 110bhp Bora is no comparison, Take a GTi6 for a test drive somewhere you can really stick your toe in and keep it past 5k.

(15-02-2015, 11:42 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I agree though, 6's aren't great at public road speeds...you get a nice noise below 5k and enough torque to pull you along despite what some people say on here.  But you don't really start to get the 'punch' until past there.  So many times I've found myself doing a 0-60 from a junction onto an NSL road, and within ~7 seconds drop it into 5th/6th without realising the speedo says 80+. Confused  Not that the speedo will be accurate lol, but haven't used the sat nav to compare in the '6.
TBH mine isn't too bad, even on 50 profiles its only 3% out IIRC
Thanks given by:
Well I'm sure mines significantly out, officer. Itwasntme

That's when it works though, keeps dropping out lol and I could never remember where 60 in 6th was on the rev gauge (now know its 2750rpm). lol

How are we comparing a 110 Bora to a '6? Confused
Thanks given by:
My speedo in the 6 is very accurate, more so than it is in the Kia. If its dropping out Tom, just needs a new VSS. Mine did when i first got it, new sensor fitted and job done
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I meant to fit it when I changed the driveshafts but didn't have time. Sad

The Focus one is well off, 10% out even at 30!
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 12:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well I'm sure mines significantly out, officer. Itwasntme

That's when it works though, keeps dropping out lol and I could never remember where 60 in 6th was on the rev gauge (now know its 2750rpm). lol

How are we comparing a 110 Bora to a '6? Confused

someone mentioned getting told of in their 106 rallye.

I've got a 1.1 ATM which i can flat foot everywhere and still not speed but i had a bora for 2 months and like a tit got pulled doing 105 
Thanks given by:
I managed to speed everywhere in a non turbo diesel 106, you can speed in a 1.1 easily. Wink Also teaches you to keep momentum up through the corners. lol
Thanks given by:
As above, you're not trying hard enough, if my 106 nad isn't on 3 wheels or sideways then i'm probably asleep at the wheel. lol

The problem is the way the car is put together as much as anything, it actively encourages you to drive like a lady garden and rewards you when you do lol. If you managed to get in trouble in a soulless 110 bora the six will see you locked up within the month! Or any 306 for that matter i guess, once you accidentally come off a roundabout sideways there's no going back.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Poodle Wrote: As above, you're not trying hard enough, if my 106 nad isn't on 3 wheels or sideways then i'm probably asleep at the wheel. lol

The problem is the way the car is put together as much as anything, it actively encourages you to drive like a lady garden and rewards you when you do lol. If you managed to get in trouble in a soulless 110 bora the six will see you locked up within the month! Or any 306 for that matter i guess, once you accidentally come off a roundabout sideways there's no going back.

The bora was fast in a line buu handled like shit weighed about 3 ton and understeered all the time.

I want something nimble that i can redline all day (or is fast enough where I dont have to) and I fear my 1.1 may give up on me very soon 
Thanks given by:
My mates stripped 182 was quicker that my rallye on track,good car but still make good money.cheapest one's go for 2k and for 2k you could get a very sorted 6/rallye.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
A 110 bora isn't fast, not even in a straight line. If you think it is I really wouldn't waste money fuelling a 6, a 1.8 will be more than fast enough for you. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Massively ought to buy my 206.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renault Laguna 2.2 dci vento85 3 1,314 26-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Last Post: vento85
  friends renault 5 bashbarnard 8 1,433 16-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: procta
  What do we know about Renault 25s? THE_Liam 60 7,902 09-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam