Custom seat subframes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom seat subframes
Okay guys im fitting some buckets and wanted to know from anyone who may have done it before what thickness steel they used? thinking 4/5mm be plenty?

also how do you get around the seatbelt pretensioner/ airbag issue? 
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
anyone able to help me out?
Thanks given by:
I would always put them onto standard subframes or make up something with a reasonable thickness of plate. 5mm should be suffice. As for the airbag issue in assuming you are using harnesses. Either a resistor in the line (don't know what one though) or remove the system completely with a non standard steering wheel. Gut the wiring remove the bulb.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
1.8ohm fused resistor, I sell them £1 each + £1 postage

[Image: DSCF0097.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: PlowinHdi
im not running harnesses just normal seat belts. Im alsp running a standard wheel although that could change in the near future.

Cully how exactly does that work and where is it plugged in? I dont have a clue about this stuff.
Thanks given by:
They are really easy. You disconnect the airbag wires under the seat and plug that in.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 11:13 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: They are really easy. You disconnect the airbag wires under the seat and plug that in.

Pretty much. The resistor just makes the system think they are connected to the seats and you don't get a warning light. Done this on my civic when i fitted type r seats. 
Thanks given by:
basicly plug or wire them in to the car side of the loom where you remove the pre-tensioner of airbag

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
thanks cully i will pm you soon
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reclining seats. Custom seat rail? Dazecoop 4 1,010 23-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Lars
  3dr/5dr seats subframes Piggy 13 2,318 06-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Fitting bucket seats on original subframes Wigady 15 5,710 29-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Birk