Expansion Tank

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Expansion Tank
So as some of you may know my expansion tank is full of oily crap. So after one that is as cheap as possible posted for my XUD to see if that is the cause of the problems I've been having Smile
Thanks given by:
Should have one here £15 delivered
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would you not be just as safe cleaning your own one out?
Thanks given by:
Would it be the same as fitted to a HDi?

This one:

[attachment=21654]
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 04:36 AM)ConorTRG Wrote: Would you not be just as safe cleaning your own one out?

Would rather have one knowing that there's no oil in one because it's really thick stuff so difficult to get out

(13-02-2015, 08:05 AM)Dangti6 Wrote: Would it be the same as fitted to a HDi?

This one:

That looks like the one Smile
Thanks given by:
Surely if it's in the header tank it'll be in the whole cooling system..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 12:04 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Surely if it's in the header tank it'll be in the whole cooling system..

I was thinking this. Surely the cores of the rad are gonna be hard to get the oil out of! Water jacket etc? Surely you want to just get some rad flush/dishwasher tablets to clean it all out.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 12:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(13-02-2015, 12:04 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Surely if it's in the header tank it'll be in the whole cooling system..

I was thinking this. Surely the cores of the rad are gonna be hard to get the oil out of! Water jacket etc? Surely you want to just get some rad flush/dishwasher tablets to clean it all out.

Already Flushed the system and it was clean. The oil just sits on top the water level. I changed my oil/water exchanger so it should all be good once the expansion tank is changed
Thanks given by:
Just take the pipes off your header tank & stick the tank in the dishwasher
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 12:54 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just take the pipes off your header tank & stick the tank in the dishwasher

I'm having an issue taking the bottom hose off the header tank, any tips?
Thanks given by:
leave it on then, the water in the header tank won't be any hotter than the dishwasher surely? Stick a whole tablet in the tank, leave the lid off, stick it in the dishwasher & I'm sure it'll work!
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 12:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: leave it on then, the water in the header tank won't be any hotter than the dishwasher surely? Stick a whole tablet in the tank, leave the lid off, stick it in the dishwasher & I'm sure it'll work!

But I can't get the header tank off because of the bottom hose, may have to have another go at it 
Thanks given by:
Oh sorry my bad, yeah you're not trying hard enough Wink
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 01:14 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Oh sorry my bad, yeah you're not trying hard enough Wink

Haha thought it might be that lol does it just pull off 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: ph2/3 expansion tank Piggy 2 746 15-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Tank strainer fuel sender in tank ASAP! Danny2009 2 1,023 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Danny2009