electric windows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electric windows
When I got my 306 the front windows were not working on further investigation I discovered someone could not read or thought that'll do when it cam to fuses as they had put a 15a fuse in for the windows instead of the 30a the manual states obviously it had blown so I switched it for a 30 and carried on but first time I used the controller on passengers side to open window they stopped working leaving me with a gap at top Sad I didn't have time to check fuse that night but when checking next day I discover it had blown so I popped down to Halford and bought 10 30's so when it does pop wich has twice since I don't have to get cold how do I rectify this problem so I don't have to keep buying fuses as far as iam aware it works ok with the drivers control but passengers don't seem to understand the phrase "ask if you want the window open" grrr
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
door loom broken and shorting?
Thanks given by:
on my next day off ill have a look at if and see what's happening

Thanks given by:
Remove passenger switch Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That's one way off stopping them would prefer it to work though ;P

Thanks given by:
when we first got ours ( 306 estate) it had a similar problem....the multi round connector had green connections inside which where cleaned, but the previous owners had "repaired" the door loom......

this was repaired properly and now works great.

write down wot don't work and find the wires concerned...they will be broken ( make and break contact inside the insulation or even burnt possibly ) inside. sorry don't have the wire info to hand.......the wires break due to the door opening and closing a million times which work hardens then fatiques the wires....they go brittle and then break......make and break contact......

I used a copper soldering iron as there is a computer in this car.

there is lots of room inside the door pillar gaiter area to stuff wires safely.

tape and heat shrink as well as replacement wires soldered in will help.

had problem rear window demister heater and speaker which was similar fault, replaced wires and now ok.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Electric windows LewisG 5 1,648 29-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  Electric windows deciding not to work Sian 11 4,086 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sian
  electric windows not working. no2lurch 11 3,683 27-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: cully