Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on
that doesnt sound good. seems wierd its only afeter you rev it. have you looked on pp2k live data yet??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
No not yet, just had a thought the timing might be out as I can't lock the flywheel as it's a 6 flywheel
Thanks given by:
Hmmm.timing wouldnt make it run on 3
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Almost feels like a blocked injector. I held the revs at 3k and it was misfiring and then it seemed to clear and ran clean
Thanks given by:
Might be something as simple as new leak off lines as they're letting air in
Thanks given by:
Got the air intake on, it literally just fits

[Image: 20160611_190039_zpsdlieyzsh.jpg]

[Image: 20160611_183423_zps2kq1hvpt.jpg]

[Image: 20160611_183409_zpsfn0pw3nx.jpg]

[Image: 20160611_184236_zps387ovtzb.jpg]

I found the poor running issue... I'm such a dick

[Image: IMG-20160611-WA0006_zpszhqlkobd.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Got to love the easy fixes. That intake pipe is TOIGHT!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Very tight but just fits!

Just put my foot half down and it went right up to 30psi for a split second, better turn the mbc down!
Thanks given by:
Its too tight, that will knock and bang and rattle at the slightest hint of acceleration Sad
Thanks given by:
Just got to sort the exhaust next as it's rubbing on the subframe Sad

(11-06-2016, 07:36 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Its too tight, that will knock and bang and rattle at the slightest hint of acceleration Sad

Just needs the ecu budging over and it's all clear else where. I've double checked it doesn't rub
Thanks given by:
Looks bang on that paul keep us updated on how it is it might be my next mod
Thanks given by:
That with the 2.2 maf/box?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No not yet
Thanks given by:
The bodge of a v band clamp I had on there slipped and the exhaust elbow come half off. I bought another different design v clamp and made it wider, now it's actually solid and I rearranged the downpipe and used a proper u bolt on it. Now the exhaust doesn't hit anything and same goes with the air intake.

No rattles, no bangs from any where.

And blimey does 4th gear shift!
Thanks given by:
Good good ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Put a bit of v power diesel in and it's a bit of monster, currently running 25psi

Next job is the 2.2 hdi air intake box and a proper cold air feed

Might book a rolling Road for a laugh
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20160730-WA0009_zpsieqeukhr.jpeg]

[Image: IMG-20160730-WA0012_zpsa6mly3ye.jpeg]

[Image: IMG-20160730-WA0014_zpsjgj7hejq.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm seriously debating keeping this
Thanks given by:
That seatbelt anchor been welded before and rusted again? Jeez.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Thats not been treated and finished properly when it was done. I would get a grinder out on it and see how far the rust has set in to the welds and area before you make a decision it may be just surface rust but you wont know till its stripped..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I've poked the screwdriver through in several places under the sseat belt anchor already
Thanks given by:
If you do decide to keep it you may be worth finding a wreaked one and cutting the whole section out and rewelding it back properly and protecting everything on the inside of it wax oil underseal what ever is your preference. Its all down to if you want to do it. Seams a shame when you done the work so far. But understand the frustration

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
if you are localish and willing to travel will happily offer my services welding it up for you for cheap. be such a shame to get rid of it, i dont think ive ever posted in this thread but i always keep an eye on it and quite like the car. obviously if its time to get rid of the car thats your decision.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yeah...I follow this thread a lot but dont really comment...be sad to see it go
Good suggestion above about cutting a section out of another
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks Bash, might take you up on the offer.

Had thoughts of getting another one swapping engines etc but that's loads of work

Anyone breaking a 5dr hatch?
Surely the panel should be the same
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've a 5 door hatch for breaking, already cut the floor out for my ZX so help yourself. No charge.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2016, 11:06 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Thanks Bash, might take you up on the offer.

Had thoughts of getting another one swapping engines etc but that's loads of work

Anyone breaking a 5dr hatch?
Surely the panel should be the same

Well the offers will always be there all you have to do is drop me a pm and we can sort out whatever you need, then you can take me out in it afterwards as ive never been in a quick hdi
Thanks given by:
Danny, where you based?

Sounds good to me, need to sort out the suspension a bit beforehand lol
Thanks given by:
Chesham mate. Car is near wendover.
What suspension bits do you need?

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Cool not that far then

Just need to rebuild the beam and replace the subframe as it's bent . Also the roller bearing wishbones need replacing. Proper levered them into position like an idiot, now they're f*cked

I've got all the bits to do the beam, just getting round to it

Got to sort out the 205 first as there is 6 arms on there I need to use
Thanks given by: