Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New, from the other side of the World!
#1
Hi! My name is Mauro, I'm 22 years old and I'm from Montevideo - Uruguay.
I have a ph1 306 XS (1.6 8s, 90cv) that I bought on 2012 and I'm the second owner of the car. Now it has 144k km.
I really love this car hehe.

When I bought it:

[Image: gbpvg36.jpg]

[Image: CfgFutS.jpg]

[Image: GWWSJDX.jpg]

[Image: kZBg9xi.jpg]

[Image: 8LtJWDQ.jpg]

[Image: JX03Yem.jpg]

[Image: HvsWC9V.jpg]

.
.


And now, Smile

[Image: CkeVk8T.jpg]

[Image: iTFdUYx.jpg]

[Image: JZl938A.jpg]

[Image: cA37M4S.jpg]

[Image: gMhmiYn.jpg]

[Image: 1HgTAV3.jpg]

[Image: CaDkyEp.jpg]

[Image: N7Jdk3O.jpg]

[Image: LQKX0D1.jpg]
#2
Welcome
#3
Hello and welcome Smile

Very jealous of your full leather seats
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#4
That looks awesome! reminds me of my first 306 Smile ph1xs-s i had!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
#5
Welcome

Nice colour looks in gd condition
#6
Wow, that looks clean as! Very nice mate, got any plans for it?

Oh, and welcome to the forum! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#7
Thanks to all! Big Grin
Yes, full leather seats are great! These ph1 306s with full leather was assembled here in Uruguay (VIN starts with "9U6").

WiNgNuTz, my plans are to leave it looking like gti, like these

[Image: anHJ6gs.jpg]

Sideskirts, rims (laser or cyclones), mirrors, etc.. But here It's very difficult to find some parts because there are few. And some parts are very very expensive.
I'm not thinking about modify the engine, maybe a camshaft, induction kit and exhaust.

Probably you think "Why you don't buy gti?" but here in Uruguay there are only 2 ph2 GTI6 (167cv) and 10 ph1 GTI (155cv). here cars are very expensive, for example a ph1 XS like mine costs about €9000, a ph1 XN (1.4 carburettor, basic, without A/C or electric windows) €6000. It's crazy!

So surely I'll be asking any questions or asking for a piece Smile
#8
Why dont you buy one from britain and ship it over? in fact i would buy 2!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
#9
Welcome to the club! Youve got full leather! We never got that over here!
#10
Thanks!
Yes, I thought about buying a GTI6 outside, but Uruguay only allows to import used cars that have more than 20 years. Also, taxes are very high then I can buy a 1000€ car but shipped here they will cost about €8 - 9000...
#11
Thats mad money!

Can see why its perhaps been kept so clean!

Looks very nice, welcome Smile
Wishes for more power...
#12
6000EUR for basic spec is nuts! At least it will mean owning a car is a privilege and not a right. You look to have a very tidy example, I hope you enjoy it
#13
Welcome.

Nice looking motor and a nice looking part of the world too
#14
Thank you! Smile

Yes, i think that used cars are so expensive because 0km are also expensive (For example a Peugeot 301 costs €22000, a 208 GTi about €45000).
#15
Looks lovely with all the gti exterior bits Smile

Would get changed at of duty for buying parts from the UK??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the 306 world Bigyin306 5 2,842 21-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Last Post: calibra306
  New to the 306 world :) Smokeyboi 9 4,053 23-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Richieboi13
  Back to the world of 306's lh_4827 6 3,285 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Herby7

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)