306 1,6XR will not start...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1,6XR will not start...
This morning I could not get my 306 to start.

It's a 1999 306 xr 1,6.
I drove it last night, no problems.

But this morning it would not fire up. The starter engine runs and drives the engine, but no sign the engine fiering up...
There is plenty of feul.

What could have gone bad overnight?
Thanks given by:
This sounds a lot like the issue I'm having - and haven't yet mange to fix!

So it turns over as it should on the starter but doesn't even try to fire? This is what mine does, it will eventually splutter into life and then run fine, but only after 3 or 4 attempts at starting.

Have you checked the easy stuff like earthing points? I have managed to reproduce the symptoms by unplugging the crank position sensor, but replacing this hasn't fixed the issue so it could be a problem with connector or loom on my car.

If you get it sorted please post up the solution!
Thanks given by:
Tried easy start or similar?

Is there fuel at the rail? (Or is yours a carb? I'm guessing you're not in the uk)

Is there a spark?

Tbh is sounds like the immobiliser has stuck on to me.

Mattsrallye - Have you tried the cam sensor if its a sync issue? Probably worth checking the chassis plug on the NSF. And any other plugs for corrosion. Also check the gearbox earth isn't just hanging by a thread or 2.
Thanks given by:
I don't think the TU engine has a cam sensor does it? I've replaced the crankshaft positions sensor, and there's no corrosion in that or any other connector that I've looked at. I'll go over the earths again but I'm 99% sure they're fine
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 10:12 AM)mattsrallye Wrote: I don't think the TU engine has a cam sensor does it? I've replaced the crankshaft positions sensor, and there's no corrosion in that or any other connector that I've looked at. I'll go over the earths again but I'm 99% sure they're fine

I got mine running again!
It turned out to be the inertia switch that had been activated.
It was simply just to push the switch down again.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, intriguing! Never thought of that, I'll have a poke of that next time and see if it helps!

Glad you got yours going anyway Smile
Thanks given by: