Diesel doom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel doom
Diesel engine at constant speed generating power, motor or super cap providing reserve, electric motors driving the wheels.

But certainly we need to start telling the truth about the real world MPG.
Just shows that the car industry (dare I say the German car industry) have the EU in their pocket over this issue.
Thanks given by:
The problem in London is caused by having too many people living in a small space, absolute f*cking hell hole.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
And Leeds is any better?

I spent 4 years on and off in Leeds and f*cking hated it. Stayed in digs all the place
Thanks given by:
Leeds has got shocking public transport for a large city, and some of the roads are diabolical.
but it's not hard to get out and visit the lovely Yorkshire countryside which is always a bonus.

The city centre is pretty nice IMO, and it's a good night out.
Thanks given by:
f*ck leeds, one of the worst places to drive
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 10:25 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: And Leeds is any better?

I spent 4 years on and off in Leeds and f*cking hated it. Stayed in digs all the place

Yeah far better, not as crowded, can walk across the centre in 10 minutes, plenty of green space, and its cheap.

(28-01-2015, 11:21 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Leeds has got shocking public transport for a large city, and some of the roads are diabolical.
but it's not hard to get out and visit the lovely Yorkshire countryside which is always a bonus.

The city centre is pretty nice IMO, and it's a good night out.

Public transport is pretty good round here, got a bus route at the end of my street with buses every 6 minutes into the centre which is 5 miles away and takes 20 minutes, and the train station is a 5 minute walk. As for roads, which ones are diabolical, and why? Admittedly road surfaces are pretty knackered but all the main arteries are easy enough to use and flow pretty freely in rush hour, both ring roads are good and keep the congestion down...

(28-01-2015, 12:41 PM)lolsteve Wrote: f*ck leeds, one of the worst places to drive

Seriously? Driven in London, Manchester, Birmingham or God forbid Newcastle?
Thanks given by:
Newcastle city centre I tell you liam is a bastard to drive through! I did that once and never again! I will just train through, If I want to go there!
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 03:34 PM)procta Wrote: Newcastle city centre I tell you liam is a bastard to drive through! I did that once and never again! I will just train through, If I want to go there!

I know mate, I stupidly followed the sat nav into it trying to find the Tyne Tunnel on the way back from Seahouses lol
Thanks given by:
Diesel is hateful. It's not fun to drive, but it's frugal.

The problem we have now is a majority of petrolheads who have been forced into diesel cars for financial reasons aren't looking back, because they get wonderful MPGs, modern diesels are relatively quiet (still not as quiet as the equivalent petrol) and whilst they're massively complicated they seem to withstand the first 3-4 years rather well, so the only time the consumer has to dip into their pocket is when it comes to VED (tax) - which, as we all know, is significantly cheaper if you run a diesel car.

I'd love a petrol again, I really would. Yes, you can hoon a diesel but where is the reward? Compare a similar experience to driving a petrol car and you would be converted. Diesel is hateful, hateful stuff which should be confined to HGVs and Plant vehicles. Bring on the ban, just give everybody ample time to adjust and find a new car - like over the course of 5 years or so.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
"Car Model/Spec: '01 HDi DTurbo"

^^^^^ eh ?

Some diesels can be quite fun to drive. Depends where you get your kicks from.
But then I contrast diesel driving with high revving vtec engines. So it's quite different kicks from each.
Thanks given by:
Nice trolling Chris lol..... It's all bullshit, rarely about the environment, more often than not just about lining someone's pockets....
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Seriously, petrol cars are more rewarding to drive, in my experience. Sure, it's not fair to compare a 2.0 diesel to a 2.0 petrol, since the diesel has nowadays (at least one) turbo.

I've been priced out of petrol cars, simple as that. I can't afford to fuel or tax them. Maintenance on a diesel after the first few years can be extortionate, whereas petrol cars are straightforward and cheap to maintain / repair.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I watched it too, but have been reading about it for some time now. Will be putting my 330d up for sale this year I think whilst it's still got good value. The way I see things going is that they will heavily increase fuel and road tax for diesel fuel and vehicles, making them impossible for people to want to own.
Thanks given by:
Didn't they rule a few years ago though that you can't belatedly change car tax? So if your car was registered in 2006 and it is £30 a year then it will always be £30, but if the same car with the same engine and same emissions registered after they raise the tax that's fine...

It would at least give it 5-10 years for us all to slowly filter back onto petrols. My question is what will they do on the continent where because diesel is cheaper than petrol diesel is the undisputed king ?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2015, 05:10 PM)Orta Wrote: Didn't they rule a few years ago though that you can't belatedly change car tax? So if your car was registered in 2006 and it is £30 a year then it will always be £30, but if the same car with the same engine and same emissions registered after they raise the tax that's fine...

It would at least give it 5-10 years for us all to slowly filter back onto petrols. My question is what will they do on the continent where because diesel is cheaper than petrol diesel is the undisputed king ?

Diesel is cheaper to refine. The government is already imposing extra tax on dervs by taxing diesel fuel more, thus making it more expensive.
This is under the guise of making up for emissions but in reality the government realised that they would be out of pocket if people were using less litres AND paying less tax per litre.

Diesel is great for a daily car, it is just a bit more dirty, however you are using less fuel which is a benefit.

For countries with huge, long open roads like German autobahns diesel will continue to be more suitable than petrol for quite some time in terms of efficiency. Whether or not they'll be forced off the road remains to be seen. In reality, I think it'll be like the 1990s when everyone was raving about diesels: petrols didn't just disappear. Both will continue to get better.

What is interesting is that some diesel technologies may begin to transfer. Compression ignition petrol engines may enter mass poduction, for example.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: