helllp ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helllp ??
Bumped the car, need to change the bumper, dont have a clue how??

And on the other hand I think I might have an overfueling probblem,
Any advice guys ?
Thanks given by:
Front or back bumper?
Thanks given by:
If its the front bumpers they are you have to pull back the slash guards then 2( I think)screws each side to undo and a few on the under side of the front then with a tiny bit of wiggling it should come off.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeh its the front, nice one pal
Thanks given by:
Un plug your fog lights
pull back the shit shields
take the washer bottle out makes life much easier
2 x 10mm nuts either side
undo the 3 x 10mm bolts on the support legs underneath (if they're still there)
Thanks given by:
Others may disagree

Remove the front grill and headlights, be careful as the lights have these silly plastic lugs at the corner that the hex head bolt goes through, so make sure you dont break it.

Jack the car up, take the front wheels off and remove the arch liners, long winded but makes life easy.

Again remove the washer bottle for ease.

With the headlights out you can see where it bolts to the front panel

Underneath the bumber at the front there are 3 bolts that also go to the front panel also, wi the the grill off you should be able to see these from the top. Chances are they are broken anyway.

undo the three 10mil bolts under each arch, there are also 13mil bolts too but these are for the front panel.

You dont have to but have a friend to hand to help take the bumper off as when you slide it forward off its mount you could run the risk of scratching your front wings.

Then check your front panel for damage as these do tend to bend if knocked.

Hope thats of some help

PS Plenty of WD 40 too
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
You don't necessarily need to remove the head lights to do this or the grill. Yes it could make life easier, but you'll probably end up snappinga load of seized bolts.

I'd copper slip every nut/bolt/stud before you put it back together
Thanks given by:
You don't have to remove grill or lights at all...they're completely separate from the bumper... Confused

You also don't need to remove washer bottle (the nuts will be rusted on), just lay directly under the bumper and look up with the lower splash guard removed, can see the 2 10mm bolts. Can even do it by feel when you've done a few lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2015, 10:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You don't have to remove grill or lights at all...they're completely separate from the bumper... Confused

You also don't need to remove washer bottle (the nuts will be rusted on), just lay directly under the bumper and look up with the lower splash guard removed, can see the 2 10mm bolts. Can even do it by feel when you've done a few lol.

2 10mills sorry.

Quite right Tom, but if he's pranged it, i would do that to check for damage.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Ignorance is bliss when it comes to damage...the more you take off the more you'll find broken! lol Its an old 306, its probably not the first bump its had anyway.
Thanks given by:
its 6mm nuts which have a 10mm head Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Ok Mr pedantic ;P
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2015, 11:48 AM)cully Wrote: its 6mm nuts which have a 10mm head Wink

Smart arse lol
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Haha, its pushed my right wing out about 6mm, it feels alright to drive but will it be affecting the handling ??

great advice guys, might get local garrage to do it, sounds quiet tricky lol
Thanks given by:
Do it yourself, honestly don't pay the garage to do it
Thanks given by:
Theyre not 6mm nuts. They're M6 nuts Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2015, 02:07 AM)jjenn20 Wrote: Haha, its pushed my right wing out about 6mm, it feels alright to drive but will it be affecting the handling ??

great advice guys, might get local garrage to do it, sounds quiet tricky lol

Might have done the front panel too then, see what its like when you get the bumper off
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Wont affect the handling unless you've moved the strut top....but I'll be pretty sure you haven't.

Slam panel is probably bent, non-structural chassis parts on that corner are probably bent. It wont matter. I'd be more worried about the radiator taking damage in a frontal impact.
Thanks given by: