Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGill Motorsport Deep Dish steering Wheel (omp corsica style)
Thumbs Up 
So have been wanting an OMP Corsica for a while now, Im fairly tall and with the seat right back the steering wheel is a little too far away.

Haven't been able to justify the high price tag of a new one, or waiting for a decent enough one to come up second hand at a good price.

Ended buying one of these from McGill Motorsport - they seem well rated from other onine reviews, and at under £40 posted I didn't have much to loose.

Initial impressions are good - next day delivery included in the price, and the steering wheel feels absolutely fine. The plastic horn button in the middle is cheap for sure, and I don' know how well it will wear - but given it's suede I doubt it'll look great forever.

Strength wise, I can't feel any flex in it - and I've bolted it to a decent MOMO steering wheel boss.

So I'd rather have one of these than pay a premium for a 'fake' omp one that has a logo on it and fake box to go with.

Positioning is much better for me, as brings the steering wheel that bit closer - although reaching for indicators is a stretch.

Tried making a quick vid to show how strong the wheel was, not the best, iphone camera doesn't seem to be a particularly wide angle

[Image: IMG_0959_zps9c213ed2.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
McGill Motorsport Deep Dish steering Wheel (omp corsica style) - by zx_volcane - 15-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel NaughtonGAA 11 4,907 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Aftermarket steering wheel 328isport 3 1,668 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  phase 1 steering wheel removal Iaitoo 3 1,209 21-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo