Positive Ebay Thread...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive Ebay Thread...
So, theres been a lot of negativity around ebay lately.  But I had a positive one today. Smile

Remember the damaged oil filter I received?  Well the seller wouldn't refund my fiver unless I paid £3 return postage, for an unusable item! Dodgy

After a few emails where we were clearly on different wavelengths I just left it, £2 wasn't worth the hassle!

Anyway, today I get an email saying the seller had taken it to ebay....and they had sided with me so I've got a full refund. Big Grin  I know its only a fiver, but still a result lol.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Congratulations!
Thanks given by:
EBay do seem to come through in the end in cases like this. Result! Even if it's a fiver it's yr principle of it!
Thanks given by:
WINNING
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Way to deal with ebay is to be absolutely communicative and be nice. Ebay will always side with the communicative side of the party, never just ignore it, they'll just rinse you!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ebay always side with the buyer, the sellers need to sell on ebay but buyers can go elsewhere
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I bought a knackered tape deck on eBay not long back, a Blaupunkt San Remo (I'm collecting old Blaupunkt decks), and it didn't work as described. Contacted the seller and he just refunded my £20!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 08:39 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Ebay always side with the buyer, the sellers need to sell on ebay but buyers can go elsewhere

Not always..

Here's a funny one.

I purchased two Meyle droplinks for my bmw, they didn't arrive, tracking number was invalid, no response from seller.

I open two eBay disputes, one per item. Seller doesn't respond. 

Few days later I get an email for one saying we see the tracking number is invalid here's your £12 back 

Next day I get an email for the other one, sorry we've closed the case in the sellers favour, the tracking shows the item was delivered (same fake tracking number for both items) 

eBay won't let me appeal so I've got to ring them!
Thanks given by:
I've had it though when I sold a piece of software which had a one use CD key and the seller sent it back saying they thought it was something else or some bullshit. They'd opened all the packaging and the cd was scratched to hell. I refused to refund and ebay sided with them and took the money from me
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 08:43 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I bought a knackered tape deck on eBay not long back, a Blaupunkt San Remo (I'm collecting old Blaupunkt decks), and it didn't work as described. Contacted the seller and he just refunded my £20!

Well this is exactly what I expected!  I wasn't an arse about it, just sent a detailed message with pictures of the damage.  And being a fiver expected him to just refund it as I have done in the past with a similar situation.  I didn't expect to have to wait months and explain why I did want to lose 60% of the refund by returning an item that's no good to anyone! Confused

(15-01-2015, 08:46 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 08:39 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Ebay always side with the buyer, the sellers need to sell on ebay but buyers can go elsewhere

Not always..

Here's a funny one.

I purchased two Meyle droplinks for my bmw, they didn't arrive, tracking number was invalid, no response from seller.

Few days later I get an email for one saying we see the tracking number is invalid here's your £12 back 

Next day I get an email for the other one, sorry we've closed the case in the sellers favour, the tracking shows the item was delivered (same fake tracking number for both items) 

Good luck ringing ebay! 
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2015, 09:23 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 08:46 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

Not always..

Here's a funny one.

Good luck ringing ebay! 

Sorted!

Rang them, gave them the item number, 30 seconds on hold "Sorry we've made a mistake when closing the case - All sorted, your refund will be with you within 24hrs"

By the time I put the phone down I had an email from paypal saying I had a refund!

I can't be bothered with waiting for eBay now so I've just ordered some Lemforder ones from ECP to collect later, £41 for a pair of bloody droplinks though! As opposed to the £26 I had paid for the Meyle ones that didn't arrive.
Thanks given by:
Result! Think the last set of droplinks I bought were £8 the pair.... I'm sure they lasted a while. lol
Thanks given by:
I paid around £55 for my last pair from ECP Nospeak
Thanks given by: