Ebay advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay advice
Sold my veg filtering set up on there last night see link

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...45&alt=web 

Now the guy that won it has paid via PayPal even tho it clearly says cash on collection 

He says he'll collect it in a month when he's back in the country when it clearly says collection with in 5 days. 

I've been texting the guy and didn't know he was over seas so I've probably been charged alot for texts. I've been charged pay pal fees.

He's asking me to post it what I'm not willing to do because of the size and weight of it all.

So what do I do and we're do I stand? because I have £100+ in my pay pal account that I don't no what to do with.

The guy should have read the description properly.

Thanks given by:
Refund his money and relist it?

You stated your terms, he's the one trying to be a prick.
Thanks given by:
Why should I refund him? If I do refund him I need him to cancel the sale so I get all my fees back because if not I'll have lost the best part of £20 in fees because of him

Thanks given by:
Then do that too?

I assume you don't want to wait a month for someone to come and collect the item.
Thanks given by:
He's having you on...anyone taking a months holiday can afford to use a proper fuel... Tongue

Seriously though, you have to state paypal as a payment option iirc, and cash on collection is just another option, so I don't think ebay would even be on your side for this. I've had the same thing happen and end up losing so much in fees it wasn't worth selling. I've had enough of ebay lately but there isn't another site like it. Sad
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 09:34 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Then do that too?

I assume you don't want to wait a month for someone to come and collect the item.

Yes that simple, why would the buyer want to cancel the sale when he wants it?  No i don't want it sat around for 1 month hence collection with in 5 days.

I've reported the buyer for making unfair demands so hopefully something becomes of that. 

I can live with losing a 5er with pay pal but waiting a month for collection is a no go I want it moved now! 

Thanks given by:
I had this very similar situation with selling my setup...

I refunded him immediately and highlighted cash on collection within a week.

I canceled transaction and reported him in the end
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 12:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: I had this very similar situation with selling my setup...

I refunded him immediately and highlighted cash on collection within a week.

I canceled transaction and reported him in the end

Problem with me refunding him I lose the fees etc? Or would I get that back after the resolution center?

Did you end up keeping your set up then?

Thanks given by:
You shouldnt loose the fees if you go through the resolution center
Thanks given by:
Yup still got my setup
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
have you still got this chris?
Thanks given by:
Refund it tbh, not saying he would but some people are known to pay by PayPal, collect and then open a dispute days later
Thanks given by:
if your willing to let keep it for the fella, refund him some of the cash, keep a few quid for a deposit. Tell him Pay the rest on collection,
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 05:45 PM)mspdan Wrote: have you still got this chris?

Yes still.sat in shed ready to go inbox me if your interested

(10-01-2015, 06:36 PM)procta Wrote: if your willing to let keep it for the fella, refund him some of the cash, keep a few quid for a deposit. Tell him Pay the rest on collection,

Not willing to wait 1 month no way hence collection with in 5 days Undecided

Thanks given by:
Inbox is not a verb.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 07:16 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 06:36 PM)procta Wrote: if your willing to let keep it for the fella, refund him some of the cash, keep a few quid for a deposit.  Tell him Pay the rest on collection,

Not willing to wait 1 month no way hence collection with in 5 days Undecided

This is so annoying, why do people do it?  If I want something, I wait until I have the cash and the time/space to collect before bidding.  It happens all the time with large car parts/panels when breaking, people just expect you to keep things like bonnets and doors safe, dry and clean for a month until they can be bothered to collect. Dodgy  I'm sure some have genuine reasons, but I'm afraid I just cancel them now.  You do get the fees back.
Thanks given by:
Hi mate I can't msg u back sorry but am interested have u got a pic
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2015, 07:43 PM)aren89 Wrote: Hi mate I can't msg u back sorry but am interested have u got a pic

Pictures are on the ebay link. If you want to talk about it email me christopher_collier@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks given by:
I've managed to get on pc and sort it, refunded the guy so that gave me my pay pal fees back (sort of it pays them back to the guy) and then managed to cancel the order though ebay giving me my listing and final value fees back.

Now just need to try and sell it again Angry

Thanks given by:
Rather than start my own thread could I get some advice on my own paypal problems. So in short, bought some coilovers, they were in shit condition, seller offered to pay so towards refurb cost, then went silent after i got them refurbished, opened a case and he's messaged me 
He says i need to close the case so he can pay me but I'm worried as paypal says you cannot reopen a case after closing it 
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
DO NOT close the case, if his account has gone negative he has to deal with it himself.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Steve, that isn't your problem mate.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, it just seems odd paypal won't just refund the difference. I paid 360 for them so why not give him back 295 and me the 65
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Let them refund you fully and then pay him the difference yourself.
Assuming that's what paypal plan to do.

I've never sold through ebay, only ever bought.
They've skewed things so badly in the favour of the buyer that I'd be wary of selling without setting up a new account that I could burn once some prick tries it on.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ebay advice C2K 32 3,834 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: C2K
  Quick ebay advice.. n0v0s 7 1,811 27-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  ADVICE NEEDED: EBay GTI6 Eeyore 26 8,609 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Eeyore