Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUX setup - options?
Can't search for "AUX" as char limit is 4 not 3 Sad

Found some pics via google:

[Image: side%2520view%2520cambelt%2520off.JPG]

[Image: xud11.gif]
Last one reported to be a 2.1 setup.

I need the alt, teh PAS and the A/C but cannot mount the A/C at the location in both pics.
The PAS might go there with a squeeze, but likely not as will hit the front cross member in teh accord (see project section).

If there an option which would have all three bunched together, with the lowest at teh alternator level?
Or is totally custom?

Any way of replacing the Alternator with the A/C ? Or better still; the PAS with the A/C pump in the above example ?
Thanks given by:
Not in an OEM layout, no.

The way you suggested there I'd say will cause problems with slipping on the alternator... You want to have always have at least 90* of coverage around the pulleys - from experience it'll slip like a bastard otherwise.

You'd have to make a custom bracket for the AC pump in that situation, n which case, you're near free to place it wherever you want, I'd just use a stock ph1 non-ac setup and mount the AC pump wherever and make your own brackets for the pump and add some idlers on - your other option may be to mount the aircon pump above the gearbox and drive it off the cylinder head, but then you'll have to figure something else for the vacuum supply.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd personally make up a bracket that replaces the PAS with the A/C then fit an electronic PAS pump from a 106/saxo elsewhere in the bay.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 04:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: The way you suggested there I'd say will cause problems with slipping on the alternator... You want to have always have at least 90* of coverage around the pulleys - from experience it'll slip like a bastard otherwise.

I robbed that from the internet. Someone on the veg forum I guess added the red line to it. I've see recommended ways of running the belt on here after A/C removal that adds extra idler pulleys.
I dunno what crack they were smoking because you can make out the original line not in red which loops around all the same components. So they just wanted a shorter belt? why ? weird...

Quote:I'd just use a stock ph1 non-ac setup and mount the AC pump wherever and make your own brackets for the pump and add some idlers on
I've got teh PH1 non-AC at present, but with teh PAS pump mounted at the bottom it's fouling the cross member. So might be better to go PH2, but ditch teh auto tensioner and add the A/C in front, midway between teh alt and the PS pumps. I have room in that area.

I have enough space to the side of teh crank pulley such that I could if there is a pulley option add a second belt take off?
This is how Honda do it. Each component typically has it's own belt.
If that were the case I wouldn't have to worry too much about many tensioners and loops.

Quote:your other option may be to mount the aircon pump above the gearbox and drive it off the cylinder head, but then you'll have to figure something else for the vacuum supply.

The Rover with teh XUD7 turbo lump has the PAS mounted off the camshaft with the vac pump along side. I could rob that from teh one in teh local scrappy but the turbo needs to go over the gearbox unfortunately.
Damn good idea tho - and thanks for teh response with suggestions Smile

Electronic PAS pump, yeah... There is room for that so is an option if this is exhausted.
Thanks given by:
OK. checked engine rotations. I need a PH2 mount for the PAS pump.
I'll run a double sided belt and use the Honda A/C compressor running down the back side to spin it CCW, just like passat works Smile
Alternator to relocate in front of that and will act as the belt tensioner too.

Works in my head. need to find the bits Smile
Thanks given by: