Weird problem when cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird problem when cold
When I start my HDi cold, usually after work when its been sitting outside for 9 hours, it starts fine, then I let it idle a bit, whilst idling, every now and then the revs drop and the lights dim, only for a second, once its been running for 5 mins it doesnt do it, Any ideas?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats your coolant heater glow plugs turning on and off again.
Thanks given by:
have similar symptom...........the handbrake light dims or flashes ever so slightly when eng revs reach 1500 ish.......suspected it was heater plugs on engine kicking in every so often or at those revs......doesn't do it when engine warm...............where are the coolant heater plugs please??
Thanks given by:
They are in a block on the top of the gearbox, but if it does this it means they are working Smile

pug306driver they wont relate to your issue though, they kick in at idle and if they did come on at 1500 you wouldnt notice.
Thanks given by:
Had something similar this morning, i did 1500rpm and slightly dash lights where "weak", then i went to work nothing else happened..
Thanks given by:
ok will have a look.....as to the handbrake light.....it will dim everso slightly when I press the brakes as well but seems ok when engine is warm/hot..........electrical load making the h/brake light dim a bit?? will check voltage across battery when eng warm.....while wife presses the "brakes"...that the one in the middle dear!! see cant drive, except me, up the wall!  ouch! Heart Heart
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater blower not working-Cold...So cold... Pug0BZ3011 17 4,735 16-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Last Post: aaron6
  Weird Clock cluster problem 306 HDI boggs 17 3,615 20-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Last Post: nath86