Air Mass sensor question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Mass sensor question
Hi all,

I Was about to finally fit an induction kit on my car but i was wondering what happens to the air mass sensor once the airbox is removed?
Here Is the Universal kit i bought, but i was wondering where the air mass sensor is supposed to connect to after the airbox is removed?

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Thanks given by:
I take it the car is a HDI?

I really wouldn't bother, there are so many reasons that the OEM air filter and box are better.
Thanks given by:
You unscrew the MAF from the airbox and mount the induction kit to the MAF.

As above though most induction kits will loose you power on the HDi and will damage the MAF if they are an oiled filter or too thin a mesh.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Power fail and MAF killer!

I'll give you a tenner for the kit...you can keep the air filter bit!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi all thanks for the replies,

On the old airbox i had two pipes going into it, the small piping at the front which is shown in this image (got it from google, same engine bay as mine)[Image: 13032.jpg], and i had one going into the back, and i was wondering what piping goes onto the induction kit piping for the mass air flow meter, as from other people i can see that the only connections they have is a piece of hosing going from the small tubing at the front of the airbox to the induction kit pipework, is that the air mass meter as im confused as to which pipe is the maf?

Sorry if this is extremely confusing.

Regards

The car is a peugeot 306 1.6 Meridian Hatchback
Thanks given by:
LOL If thats the same engine bay as yours it doesn't have a MAF sensor.
It has a MAP sensor in the manifold post throttle body to determine the air volume.

The 2 pipes are breather hoses, you either need to drill your new filter for them or fit a catch tank and breather filter.
Thanks given by: joshh101
Ah i see, Thanks for explaining that, how stupid of me.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Thanks given by: