Seat stuck on runners

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat stuck on runners
As the title states. Soon I'll be attempting interior swap from dturbo cloth to Gti half leathers. Basically the drivers seat has been in the same positions for years with the last owner and when I tried moving it it was reluctant. Anyway I went to fold the seat forward and the side closest to the centre tunnel with the handbrake has seized in place (or has got stuck at any rate) it could be stuck on a run bolt that's come loose over its lifetime but either way it's stuck. Now my question is how would you lot recommend I get the seat out and free without damage so I can install my new interior? Any help would be appreciated. I've tried going at the seat and runner with prybars and pushing hard against the seat and with a couple hammers and no luck. Also I'm driving it in a twisted positions which is brilliant Sad any ideas? Thanks Smile
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Have you looked to see if the adjustment handle has come out on that side?
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 03:32 AM)Lolben91 Wrote: Have you looked to see if the adjustment handle has come out on that side?

Adjustment handle being the handle under seat not the raise and lower? I'll have a look but never considered that. Wether Zakk noticed or not I don't know.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 06:49 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(27-12-2014, 03:32 AM)Lolben91 Wrote: Have you looked to see if the adjustment handle has come out on that side?

Adjustment handle being the handle under seat not the raise and lower? I'll have a look but never considered that. Wether Zakk noticed or not I don't know.
Yeah the one you pull to slide the seat back and forth
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat runners Ldb 0 891 29-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ldb
  Seat Runners Pug0BZ3011 2 1,217 02-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Pug0BZ3011