T'was the night before Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T'was the night before Christmas
And whats everyone up to? Ive been working up until 5 this eve but for the first time in about 3 years, I've really been looking forward to christmas this year. Had ridiculous amounts of work this year so it will be nice to relax for 4 days. Ive got home, had several beers and a nice Chinese and now chilling in the front of the TV with a glass of champagne and move on to the port later whist wrapping some presents.

Happy christmas all! Heart
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Been to the pub for a meal tonight, now relaxing with the Mrs Smile

It's also my birthday tomorrow so if you want to post my presents il forward my address. Thanks.

Merry Christmas.
Thanks given by:
I've got 3 days off so hoping to relax, car had a electrical f*ck up yesturday so me and Ian fixed it then today just been relaxing with the girlfriend and got myself a tool set Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 08:17 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Been to the pub for a meal tonight, now relaxing with the Mrs Smile

It's also my birthday tomorrow so if you want to post my presents il forward my address. Thanks.

Merry Christmas.

Post your address on here and I'm sure people will send you plenty of presents Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have been drinking since 4pm, eaten a tray of home made mince pies, been to the pub for dinner with my best mate and am now back home watching skyfall and having a tea and a beer.
Thanks given by:
Finished wrapping today so got a few hours on fifa then the girlfriend picked me up.

Just had to injure a load of shitty soaps with the reward of sky fall Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I was in work for 6 am this morning, its been a bad one for us lot sadly, got to say I am glad this parts over! I do feel for the rest of my work mates, who are stuck in that shit hole till god knows what time!
Used to be down tools and every one f*cked off to the local pub for a couple of xmas drinks! But no they have to be open fuckin boxing day and new years day!
sorry for the little rant fellas,
I am waiting a little longer so I can crack open a beer and web browse a bit, as I am sick of the sight of xmas stuff!
Thanks given by:
Xmas means nothing to me.
Its a religious, ecomomic and moral con.

Cant stand the lies.

So, I'm sleeping in till 9am ish, then crack on with workas with any other day.

Grinch,over n out.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 08:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: Xmas means nothing to me.

Cant stand the lies.

Grinch,over n out.

Its only that if you let it be. For me, its time off to spend with friends and family who you haven't seen in ages!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If your family and friends are that important you shouldnt need to be forced into seeing them once and year and expect presents. (plus all the stress and extra cost involved)
You should see them when you want and buy them presents out of free will.

My 2p.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 08:39 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-12-2014, 08:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: Xmas means nothing to me.

Cant stand the lies.

Grinch,over n out.

Its only that if you let it be. For me, its time off to spend with friends and family who you haven't seen in ages!

sadly niall some places of work you cannot even get that anymore, retail has a lot to answer for to blown xmas out of the water!  Every xmas day I do think about those who have to work on that day, the folks that work the emergency services and hospitals, I do have a drink for those people.  
Thanks given by:
James it's a tradition, if you follow a different religion then thats perfectly fine.

I'm not religious at all, never been christened, don't come from a religious family/background but it's a tradition & even you mentioned you & your wife buy each other a gift this time of year.

I don't make a huge thing of it, I get sick of being asked the same thing every year "oh don't you hate having your birthday on the same day" but it's tradition in the UK as a majority who celebrate Christmas. I do however agree that some people spend way too much.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 09:01 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: James it's a tradition, if you follow a different religion then thats perfectly fine.

I'm not religious at all, never been christened, don't come from a religious family/background but it's a tradition & even you mentioned you & your wife buy each other a gift this time of year.

I don't make a huge thing of it, I get sick of being asked the same thing every year "oh don't you hate having your birthday on the same day" but it's tradition in the UK as a majority who celebrate Christmas. I do however agree that some people spend way too much.

what you got planned for your birthday?
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 09:02 PM)procta Wrote:
(24-12-2014, 09:01 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: James it's a tradition, if you follow a different religion then thats perfectly fine.

Seeing family, visiting my brother, eating too much, only fools and horses, sleep. I don't drink / have a huge friend group so will be a civilised night.

It's the one time of year where the majority of my small family aren't at work so it's nice to do the rounds!
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 09:05 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(24-12-2014, 09:02 PM)procta Wrote:

Seeing family, visiting my brother, eating too much, only fools and horses, sleep. I don't drink / have a huge friend group so will be a civilised night.

It's the one time of year where the majority of my small family aren't at work so it's nice to do the rounds!

sounds a good one pal, I am not the one for getting rat arsed either, my birthday was a quiet one too.
Thanks given by:
Well it's no secret that I really hate this time of year, cant wait for the 6th January when I can try getting back into a routine...the next 2 weeks will more than likely f*ck up the last 3 months of progress...yay. Rolleyes

So, today I spent 90 mins in the toilet, drove to see my Nan and Dad as had been summoned, got stuck in tonnes of traffic, came home, spent another 30 mins in the loo, washed my car and Mum's (hers hadn't been done in 6 months, wished I hadn't offered lol!). Came in and fitted my new pillows and duvet set - most exciting thing I've done all day! Now just watching TV...but there's sod all on. Confused At least theres a few sitcoms on BBC1 soon.
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 08:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: If your family and friends are that important you shouldnt need to be forced into seeing them once and year and expect presents. (plus all the stress and extra cost involved)
You should see them when you want and buy them presents out of free will.

My 2p.

Who says anything about presents?
Thing is yes you should see friends and family as and when you can but sometimes its not all possible due to work commitments. Most people don't work over christmas so its an ideal time.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My wife bought me a camera because she wanted to and knows ive wanted one for months!?
We buy gifts for each other all year round, as I do with all my friends and family

I giggle in town watching everyone freak put getting presents, not finding spaces, getting into fights over spaces and gifts and isles and trolleys...stress and debt. So glad I opt out

(my family and friends come first over work!!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Christmas is just pre drinks for my birthday Smile
Thanks given by:
That's fine then James, you're entitled to your opinion.. Just respect those who do choose to enjoy this time of year. We're not discriminating you for choosing not to celebrate it.

I do worry that people forget the meaning of Christmas, it's celebrating the birth of Jesus not 'let's see how much money we can spend'
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure Jesus wasn't even born in December...
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2014, 09:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Pretty sure Jesus wasn't even born in December...

Correct he was born is September according to several sources (although different people think different things)
Also find it funny how its apparently a christian holiday yet jesus was Jewish lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Its pagan. He was 33 and a half when he died, think about when he died...
But dont get me started as you're all good blokes and i dont want to ruin your fun!

I will keep schtum. I really dont want to upset anyone.

Sorry if spoken out of term.

Have a lovely bit of time off guys Smile ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its not about when he died, thats why we have easter.

It is about the birth of christ but they got the date slightly wrong and now nobody can be bothered to change it. Alot of religions have winter festivals that fall at a similar time, the winter solstice (reppin ma druids) was only a couple of days ago.
Thanks given by:
well I am now getting a bit of a bolickin for not texting a bird on how she is, We met up two nearly 3 weeks ago. she wanted to remain friends, which was fine with me, move on to the next bird. Anyway she stopped replying to me, so I gave to the elbow. Now she has asked why I didn't bother asking how she has been etc.
what a xmas eve surprise for me, as I thought it was game over.
Thanks given by:
Im not 1 bit religious and i like christmas, for me its about seeing the joy in my kids eyes when they think santa has been.
The looks on my kids faces = priceless

Have a good 1 everyone
Thanks given by: 1616six
(24-12-2014, 10:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its not about when he died, thats why we have easter.

It is about the birth of christ but they got the date slightly wrong and now nobody can be bothered to change it. Alot of religions have winter festivals that fall at a similar time, the winter solstice (reppin ma druids) was only a couple of days ago.

Exactly...think about the time of year he died, and work out when he was born by the fact he was 33.5 when he died
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I was working on my car to day just chilling out in the house now with a drink 

Merry Christmas :-)
Thanks given by:
I took 2.5 days off from work which brings my christmas holiday up to two weeks. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
there is some miserable fucks on this board.....
#
[Image: orig-21139635.jpg]
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post/thread of Christmas! Merry Christmas! Dum-Dum 36 10,218 08-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Matt