New shed/workshop built.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New shed/workshop built.
Built a new workshop for the new house.

9" x 14". Was originally a 6" x 9" but was nowhere near big enough so moved the front out by 8" to give me some more room.

Did have a similar set-up at my last place but was not as solid as this incarnation and not as big.
Some (pretty bad) pics anyway.

[Image: Photo0516.jpg]

[Image: Photo0518.jpg]

[Image: Photo0520.jpg]

[Image: Photo0527.jpg]

Almost all of the wood used has been either reclaimed by myself or bought from a wood recycling place near to me and the cost of extending has been £120, the original 6" X 9" shed was free so all in a total cost of £120 for a shed/workshop this size is a fair saving over a new' un.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Fantastic build, fair decent size that
Thanks given by:
Looks fantastic mate

Wish I had the time and space to build on instead of just admitted defeat and brought a small metal one.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers fellas.

Been a nightmare without a decent sized shed to work in and keep my stuff in.
Got 9x6 brick built shed that was already there so it was bonus to store it all in but it's floor to ceiling with stuff and I could not get to anything I needed when I needed it. Even bought another SDS drill the other day cos I knew where mine was and it was half a days work to get it out!

Next stage is to insulate it, then get some worktops and shelves built.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: Chris1357
Thats an impressive build. I have the same issue with mine, 11' x 11' and its pretty much floor to ceiling with car parts so there is no room to work in it.
Thanks given by:
9" x 14"?! That's not very big at all! Nospeak lol

Nice build though mate, more space is always a bonus! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jealous.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nice!

I keep meaning to put up a thread about the one we built this summer.
Thanks given by:
Saw the first few pics and thought what an epic lash up this is but it actually looks epic finished! Nice one Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2014, 09:00 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: 9" x 14"?! That's not very big at all! Nospeak lol

Nice build though mate, more space is always a bonus! Wink

Fail. Well spotted.  Blush

Essentially, it is an epic lash up, it's just all the same colour so I get away with it.  lol

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Gotta love a man cave!!
Thanks given by:
Every man needs a shed to escape from her indoors...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Jealous
Thanks given by:
Started on workbench and insulating today. I did take a photo of the insulating, but it is neither interesting or well focused.

[Image: Photo0532.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Awesome! I need a man cave like that!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Good job done there mate,well done!
Thanks given by:
mint build there pal! you should see the build my mate did for his allotment, last year we levelled the ground and laid a few pavement slabs down, Then we laid the floor down, we used old pallets, This year, my mate completed the shed out of old pallets. looks proper bob on like yours! his neighbours took the piss out of him, saying that wont work, and he hasn't a clue! Ya fucker he proved them wrong!

here is a few photos,

[Image: IMG01671-20130829-1339_zpsb2790d3c.jpg]

[Image: IMG01672-20130829-1340_zpse461f681.jpg]

[Image: IMG01675-20130829-1439_zps42efa16b.jpg]

[Image: 2014-09-25155600_zpsb866d1b3.jpg]

he will be using if for chickens too, just needs a few things doing to it inside and he is away!
Thanks given by:
Looking for a decent shed myself, but keep dithering between buying a pre-fab and just buying wood and building it from scratch, sure I could build a better one for the same money from scratch.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 03:55 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Looking for a decent shed myself, but keep dithering between buying a pre-fab and just buying wood and building it from scratch, sure I could build a better one for the same money from scratch.

build one liam, get more out of it, plus you can build it how you want it, my mates has an extension on the side, for his tools, as the big part will be used for his chickens.   
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your man cave (shed / garage / workshop / w.e.) Dodgy Bob 64 13,346 29-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Thee last great estate ever built by Peugeot! Redordead89 22 3,573 04-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  Bit bored what filling up your workshop and evenings daniel909 21 3,716 29-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Piggy