Spring performance action day - Castle Combe - 25th April 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Spring performance action day - Castle Combe - 25th April 2015
I've been sent my track time - 2x 9:30 and 1x 11:30

How the hell that works I don't know....

Oh and apparently the new tarmac will be v slippery but it's removed a lot of bumps, esp over Avon rise.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 03:14 PM)adam b Wrote: I've been sent my track time - 2x 9:30 and 1x 11:30

How the hell that works I don't know....

Oh and apparently the new tarmac will be v slippery but it's removed a lot of bumps, esp over Avon rise.

Wait till you see the 1000s of Solar Panels in the middle of the Grass centre ..looks terrible & you can't spectate far away now you have to walk round ....God knows what they were thinking when they installed them !!!!
It paid for the track to be totally resurfaced though ....
Thanks given by:
Ah well it's got to survive somehow.

I'll try to keep up on the 9:30 - it's a shed phase 1 XSi currently in sigma blue, although might be white by then. Say hello as I'm with the glos pscuk group
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
As a driver the recent work wont make visibility much different. Friends have said the new surface is excellent though.. but they were in the dry. Can't imagine its much fun in the wet, still too new.

Here is a random track vid from a couple of weeks back. Looks ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqi2tOaltzg
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 10:34 PM)adam b Wrote: Ah well it's got to survive somehow.

I'll try to keep up on the 9:30 - it's a shed phase 1 XSi currently in sigma blue, although might be white by then. Say hello as I'm with the glos pscuk group

100% will say hello & why don't you come round in mine for a couple of laps & give me some pointers even ?...
You & Mei have helped me loads over the years ....thank you Adam !

(29-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: As a driver the recent work wont make visibility much different. Friends have said the new surface is excellent though.. but they were in the dry. Can't imagine its much fun in the wet, still too new.

Here is a random track vid from a couple of weeks back. Looks ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqi2tOaltzg

Late Last week the Solar panels weren't about .....
Your correct Chris Driving on the track the panels make no difference ...
I was helping out Friday in the dry & the track boys said it's getting better as more rubber gets put down on the new Tarmac ....
Everybody this Friday I spoke to said its much better than before Inlove
Thanks given by:
Can't wait guys,my times should turn up somtimes next week,i've got a solid mount for my gopro so the mashals shouldn't moan.

got to put the ta's back on though as the kw are f*cked lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 01:58 PM)7057sam Wrote: Can't wait guys,my times should turn up somtimes next week,i've got a solid mount for my gopro so the mashals shouldn't moan.

got to put the ta's back on though as the kw are f*cked lol

Just been given a insurance 1080p camera that fits inside onto the top middle of windscreen behind rear view mirror via a ford type double sided pad ...32gb card x2 worth £400 for free ....
Also borrowing x2 go pros as last two Action days a car has rolled or hit the wall in front of me ?

How did the KWs get damaged ?
Thanks given by:
I dunno I think over the last year they took a serous pounding,they alot of play in the strut so will put some ta's on for April.

Heard kw are pain for parts.
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 07:22 PM)7057sam Wrote: I dunno I think over the last year they took a serous pounding,they alot of play in the strut so will put some ta's on for April.

Putting them back on going to cause you any issues Sam ?....that's the problem with Race suspension not designed for our good old British roads Sad
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 05:20 AM)Day666 Wrote:
(29-03-2015, 07:22 PM)7057sam Wrote: I dunno I think over the last year they took a serous pounding,they alot of play in the strut so will put some ta's on for April.

Putting them back on going to cause you any issues Sam ?....that's the problem with Race suspension not designed for our good old British roads Sad

Well I think they served me well so maybe they just passed they best.Got some potentially lined up so I shouldn't miss this 
Thanks given by:
My Rallye with KW's fitted by the previous owener could be considered 'unpleasant' to drive on potholed roads.

I wouldn't go there again unless it was a track only car.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 12:07 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: My Rallye with KW's fitted by the previous owener could be considered 'unpleasant' to drive on potholed roads.

I wouldn't go there again unless it was a track only car.

Thanks to Somone on here I've sorted out a pair of spaxxers rsx's so should be fun.

Chris are you dealing with the tickets for us at action day.
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 12:54 PM)7057sam Wrote: Chris are you dealing with the tickets for us at action day.

Not officially no. Although because of my proximity to Combe I can probably help out with any issues people are having. 

To clarify, I have not yet received my tickets. "Day666" has his tickets as he, like me, lives very locally and actually went to the circuit to get them.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
It's not the track time I'm too worried about as that's allways a few weeks before but the stand pass and ticket as dunno if that comming with my track time or separately from one of you guys ??
Thanks given by:
It should be coming from Combe, but don't sweat it.

The stand pass thing is a bit of an oversight by Combe really. It gives you the opportunity to park on a 'Stand' which unless inside the paddock area doesn't really mean anything anyway as all the surrounding area's are a public car park. If you have track time you can bypass this anyway, as that is also authority for your car to gain access to the paddock area. You can just park with the club once in there. I don't have a stand pass.

It should arrive in a week or so, people are starting to receive theirs.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 03:52 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: It should be coming from Combe, but don't sweat it.

The stand pass thing is a bit of an oversight by Combe really. It gives you the opportunity to park on a 'Stand' which unless inside the paddock area doesn't really mean anything anyway as all the surrounding area's are a public car park. If you have track time you can bypass this anyway, as that is also authority for your car to gain access to the paddock area. You can just park with the club once in there. I don't have a stand pass.

YOUR Spot on Chris Wink
I was told by Combe ladies not to worry if I've got track time & i hope 306oc have got more than 10 that Combe said they have issued ????....or those of you not going on the track won't get on any stand ???...Maybe a oversight by Combe ??? Would be good for someone on here to check though ???....you lot turn out like Ants lmao thousands of you Inlove

PS Chris my Sach Shift should be with me by next Tuesday from Kam Blush
Thanks given by:
Good luck with the Sach shift,heard oliver's already ran into a few problems with his
Thanks given by:
I really like my V2s. But I do run softer springs as the car weighs less than standard.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 05:05 PM)7057sam Wrote: Good luck with the Sach shift,heard oliver's already ran into a few problems with his

God I hope not ?
I know he's had to take the lower vents out ...but who needs them ???
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 09:51 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(30-03-2015, 05:05 PM)7057sam Wrote: Good luck with the Sach shift,heard oliver's already ran into a few problems with his

God I hope not ?
I know he's had to take the lower vents out ...but who needs them ???

He was saying somthing about the 5/6 gear not engaging
Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to seeing the satchshift Day, and surprised to hear of problems Sam. It works so well on a 106.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Still waiting on my track time too... Hope it comes soon!
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 04:47 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(30-03-2015, 03:52 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: It should be coming from Combe, but don't sweat it.

YOUR Spot on Chris Wink
I was told by Combe ladies not to worry if I've got track time & i hope 306oc have got more than 10 that Combe said they have issued ????....or those of you not going on the track won't get on any stand ???...Maybe a oversight by Combe ??? Would be good for someone on here to check though ???....you lot tirunelveli out to stuff like Ants lmao thousands of you Inlove

PS Chris my Sach Shift should be with me by next Tuesday from Kam Blush

306oc have a number of tickets to distribute however i believe these have already been allocated. If you havent got a ticket and the club hasnt already agreed to give you one then you will need to get one yourself. For those with club supplied tickets its only track time you need to buy.
Thanks given by:
We SHOULD Have some spare but i can't guarantee anything until they turn up unfortunately which I expect will be in the next few weeks
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2015, 12:18 PM)Eeyore Wrote: 306oc have a number of tickets to distribute however i believe these have already been allocated. If you havent got a ticket and the club hasnt already agreed to give you one then you will need to get one yourself. For those with club supplied tickets its only track time you need to buy.

I have tickets, I book the years events for Combe in January. 

Do we know where the stand is this year? Unlikely to be in the paddock?
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I've requested the stand to be in the same place as the September action day last year. They endeavour to meet these requests but can't always so we will see!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fair enough. In that case its even less reason to worry as that stand is actually situated in the public car park.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
might pop along to this; picking up a Skoda VRS , but i'll have the '6. be good to see some faces !
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2015, 04:11 PM)Niall Wrote: I've requested the stand to be in the same place as the September action day last year. They endeavour to meet these requests but can't always so we will see!!

Blimey Niall you lot have the biggest turn out of club members at FCS I've ever seen ....if quarter of you turn out for this you will still have the biggest club Inlove
Thanks given by:
Lol we don't have the biggest turn out of members. I think last year PEG/SWFC had the biggest stand but it's not a competition to who has the most. I'd be happy with 5 cars if they are all a decent bunch of people. Quality over quantity and all that Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 16,029 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,531 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,173 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore