New guy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy
Hi guys another noob here. Looking forward to getting to know more pug nutters lol. I had a few 205 gtis and have had my xsi 2L around 5 years now. Love it
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome

What do you have currently? And where are you from?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I have a 2.0 16v xsi Diablo red with smooth bonnet and grill. Gloss black roof with Vauxhall Sri graphite coloured cyclones. I'm in Windsor but originally from Chichester West Sussex ?
Thanks given by:
Had some running issues with my 306 and my fault code reader couldn't connect with my ecu for some reason! Changed throttle body but no change so put it in garage today and they traced it to map sensor. Now it runs great but idle is sooooo lumpy, any advice on what the problem may be guys? ??
Thanks given by:
looks tasty mate.. not a fan of the red personally but got to admit it looks mint with black clones

welcome to the forum.,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Your reader may not work because 306s aren't actually OBD2 compliant but most do work.

When you say lumpy idle, will it just not sit still at idle or does it just struggle to idle? Chances are its the ICV
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I bought the reader that does the older models but it still won't connect ?. When I'm still on tick over it jumps from 750 rpm to 1100 ish rpm. But embarrassing lol ?? but it pulls well so I will try the icv and see what comes of it thank you

(18-12-2014, 10:42 PM)toseland Wrote: looks tasty mate.. not a fan of the red personally but got to admit it looks mint with black clones

welcome to the forum.,

Thanks fella I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it makes me smile. ??
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Check out what grant did to his XSI. Yours looks almost identical to his! If you ever get rid of the smooth bonnet and grille let me know. Im dying for a decent one! Big Grin

Diablo fwend! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hi
Diablo Bros Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 11:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: Welcome to the club! Check out what grant did to his XSI. Yours looks almost identical to his! If you ever get rid of the smooth bonnet and grille let me know. Im dying for a decent one! Big Grin

Diablo fwend! Big Grin

Yeah that's luverleee the right colour Imo . Can't beat smooth lines on the phase 3 prob keep them but if I do ;-)
Thanks given by:
Well I put my old throttle body back on today because the new one I got was slightly different and she now runs sweet again- thank you for your help peeps ?muchos help thank you
Thanks given by: