Bias valve recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bias valve recommendations
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...37&alt=web

This is the cheapest one on eBay. Will it do or worth spending more.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I personally would avoid the chineese versions, i bought one for the 205 not so long ago. This is the one i bought-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Bias-Val...416a7a9ff5
It is standard thread fitting m10x1
Thanks given by:
AP all day long, anything else is just c*** and is a pain to seal and use odd fittings, Only downside is that they are over £125.00
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
See I looked at them but didnt like the big handle. Design. Just want something tucked out the way. But then again id rather go off a recommendation to be fair. Ill have a look into some slightly better quality ones.

Just another note though is there such thing as a fixed bias valve. Stick in the brake line and give 60/40 braking no adjustment required
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2014, 08:26 PM)miles Wrote: AP all day long, anything else is just c*** and is a pain to seal and use odd fittings, Only downside is that they are over £125.00

i wouldnt call metric m10x1 a odd fitting.

You can get inline bias valves i know the 205 1.9 had simular setup but couldnt tell you what the ratio was.
Thanks given by:
I could always nick one off the 1.9 then. Ive been.a member on 205gtidrivers for years. Ask on there maybe? Im sure someone will have one banging about. Just not a very active forum compared to.this one in my experience
Thanks given by:
I meant the cheap things like Willwoods have sleeve, Imperial fittings,
AP do a screw type as well http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do...oCQ3rw_wcB
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Right.ive done some digging and apprently a few older french cars had inline non adjutable ones. If anyone can point me in the direction of some that would be great
Thanks given by:
this is something i looked into found these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Pressure...4624c7ff12

but not to sure feel like it might be a bit of a guess with it and ive got brembos to go up front so just decided to get a adjustable bias valve to chuck under the bonnet
Thanks given by:
See that's what I'm after. I've found a few now that are standard on cars from factory. Toyota avensis has one amount others

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Compensa...48505a1689 similar

Just want to know what percentage the 306 one runs like from 60\40 to 70\30 then buy one in the centre
Thanks given by:
zx runs bias valves, you'll need two of them, one for each circuit - hard to find new and expensive if you do
Thanks given by:
One on n/s/r and one on o/s/r because 306 line runs one line that splits in two to the rear. Which means I could just put one in the line before it splits? I think im right anyway. Ill have a look for them
Thanks given by:
surely its on two diagonal circuits, so if you split a line you still have brakes

1. front right and rear left

2. front left and rear right

not sure what the bias is on the zx, but similar weight / brake setup so can't be far off
Thanks given by:
See thats what I thought it would be. But upon further investigation with the engine out mine split front and rear which is wierd. What ill do is have a scrappy run and see if I can find some. Where abouts in the lines do the zx ones sit. Near the rear?
Thanks given by:
yeah on the rear, underneath near the spare wheel
Thanks given by:
Ok well ill take a looksy. Ill also have a look on my brake lines but im sure they are fronts one line and rears the other. Might know a zx at the scrappy to. Thanks for the heads up man Smile been trying to find some for a while
Thanks given by:
205 1600 gti uses a single line non adjustable bias valve, fitted to front nearside chassis leg. I find these preferable to the 2 x valves the 1900 uses, even with different front calipers and rear discs.
Thanks given by:
Got a spare then? Its finding one is the issue.
Thanks given by:
I'm using a compbrake one which seems perfectly fine. Just a single line rear (through a hydro handbrake too) that splits above the fuel tank.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
i have a wilwood lever type bas valve that came i m10x1 lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear brake bias replacement zx_volcane 3 1,910 10-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Brake pipe routing with manual bias valve Lolben91 15 3,342 26-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Last Post: adam b
  Bias valve or not? dr_jekyll 26 2,864 02-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Last Post: aggyj17