Retro Rides Gathering - Shelsley Walsh - 23rd Aug 15

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Retro Rides Gathering - Shelsley Walsh - 23rd Aug 15
Anyone else fancy the Retro Rides Gathering at Shelsley Walsh hill climb on 23rd August 2015

I'm not a retro rides fan but it popped up on my news feed and I quite like the pics from their previous meets. IIRC £15 in advance and £30 for 3 hill climb runs but anything on the hill climb must be pre 2000 (it is retro rides)
Thanks given by:
The astor is on a V plate which the aa say it was registered between Sept 99 to Feb 2000

Would mine be ok ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Right, i have already spoken to them about a stand and basically, we are not retro enough for a stand!

However, a friend of mine does have a stand there this year and has invited us along so although we will not be on our own club stand, we can attend!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Out of interest how retro do we have to be for a stand?

Also who would we be going with?
Thanks given by:
Rallye was built in September 1999 haha win. This is two days after my birthday so will be off so I'll comr along
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Definitely up for this if you can confirm mine will be ok to run up the hill.

Shure we could sort a campsite out the nite before for the usual oc frolicking lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 07:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Out of interest how retro do we have to be for a stand?

Also who would we be going with?

In all honesty, i don't know. The guy i spoke to was very blunt and not very helpful.
Err im not too sure again! haha. I know its just this guy (cheese grater on here) and some mates i think?

I am going to contact them again and see if i can get a better response this time!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate. Isn't Liam on retro rides alot, wouldn't he know?

As it's turn of the millenium for the hill climb I assumed it would be the same for cars so could we just promise not to bring anything post 2000. Pics from last year appear to show hundreds of MX5s which were pretty much built the same years as the 306.
Thanks given by:
Found the rules for a club stand.

RetroRides Wrote:we desire club stands to be predominantly pre-95

Bit of a f*cking shame, if it was pre 99 or pre 2000 we'd be good.

http://retroridesgathering.com/club-stands/

We could always attach some number plates that make us appear pre 95 K/L/M/N and pretend we are retro enough Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 06:49 PM)7057sam Wrote: The astor is on a V plate which the aa say it was registered between Sept 99 to Feb 2000

Would mine be ok ??

Yours is registered 1st September 1999. Someone bought it on new-plate day back then! Big Grin

Although I realise this is irrelevant now. lol
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 08:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Found the rules for a club stand.

http://retroridesgathering.com/club-stands/

We could always attach some number plates that make us appear pre 95 K/L/M/N and pretend we are retro enough Smile

few ph1 dturbos and S16's are good for a stand then Tongue just be a shame that a few inconsiderate people with gti's and rallyes turn up too Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
This is the only time my Rallye has been considered "too new"
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I went to this show for the first time last year and will defo be going this year. Great eclectic selection of cars there and a great atmosphere. I wont be in my 306 though. Taking something that is allowed.
[attachment=22857]

Sleepy
Thanks given by:
Would the zr be okay? As it is a 80s engine in a rover 200 which is part a rover r8 and montego ? lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2015, 08:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Found the rules for a club stand.

But then it wouldn't be 'Retro Rides' it'd be..old cars.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 08:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cheers mate. Isn't Liam on retro rides alot, wouldn't he know?

As it's turn of the millenium for the hill climb I assumed it would be the same for cars so could we just promise not to bring anything post 2000. Pics from last year appear to show hundreds of MX5s which were pretty much built the same years as the 306.

I am pretty active on there yeah. The reason I'm more active on here and less active there, despite the fact that I make no secret about not really being bothered for 306s these days is the cliquey, judgemental and bitchy attitude a lot of their members have, and that's what decides what's retro or cool.

For example, post your car made in 1998 and people generally like it, but the people who like it aren't that active and don't drive very cool cars, that means your car isn't retro or cool. Post your car made in 1998 and 1 or 2 of the established active members who everyone sucks up to express some slightly positive comments, your car is retro and cool.

There are some great people, but a lot of knobs.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  retro rides gathering. hill climb....... impotentials 14 5,083 22-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Hampshire hot rides charity meets MIKE-FORD 0 1,122 21-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD
Wink Retro Rides South Yorkshire - PERMANENTLY CANCELLED THE_Liam 154 26,226 28-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Last Post: karl1989