It seems I've bought myself a Partner (so to speak)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems I've bought myself a Partner (so to speak)
the dash mounting points on these are the same as a 306 same with the heater matrix and heating system under the dash i found doing mine relatively easy to do. Did mine within 2 hours
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
2 hours!! Dash out, replace matrix and back together?
Fair play, wish I could have done it that quickly. I've never had the dash out of one of these or a 306 before though.
It's all back together and everything that worked before, still works, which is a good start.

One thing that has never worked since I bought it, is the speedo.
I replaced the speedo drive this afternoon, with a used one out of my mated gearbox and still no speedo.

What do you folks suggest I look at next? Instruments or the speedo collar that sits around the driveshaft?
Thanks given by:
Well, she's parked outside the house, insured and taxed ready to be pressed into service from the morning.

Lowered the back end today as it was much higher than the front. Took about 20-30 mins total to do. Simply took everything out of the back of my Daihatsu Fourtrak and put it all in the Pug instead.
There are a few jobs to do still, timing belt, service, get the speedo working and tint the back window the same colour as the sides. I've just run out of time trying to get as much done as possible so that I can put it on the road on the 1st December.
Might need an air flow meter as well as it's a bit flat, even for a n/a 1.9. Still, I haven't checked on the condition of said AFM yet.
All jobs to get on with from now on.
Thanks given by:
Well, a Berlingo turned up in my local scrappy and it had the right dash in.
So, £5 and half hour later, I had a working speedo (quite a novelty after all this time). Only down side is, my mileage has gone up from 171,000 to 191,000 now. But, being a 2001 vehicle, I'm not overly bothered.
Also bought a new drivers side door mirror(complete unit) as the old one had been bodged together with some wire and lots of body filler. When I tried to fold it in one evening, there was a load crack and it just fell down danging on the wiring and adjuster cable. Looks tidy again now, well worth £23. Just gotta fit the coloured insert on the front of it.
Next job is change the thermostat, top up with antifreeze mix and then take a look at the drivers seat base. Feels like I've got a bucket seat in there at the moment (apart from the bars that dig into my a55 cheeks).
I'm hoping I don't need to pull the whole dash out again, the heater blower is starting to get noisy. Sometimes it's ok, other times sounds like there's something about to tumble out from under the dash. lol
Thanks given by: