1996 306 1.9td phase one not starting!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 306 1.9td phase one not starting!
I have a 306, that is not starting I bought the car timed wrong, I timed it up and turned it over by hand everything looked good, put starter on and put battery in (came with no starter or battery) once all built up I went ahead to start and noticed the heater light was not coming up on dash, anyway I typed 4 digit pin and and went to start but all it done was made the starter click so I replaced the starter and the glow plug heater box on the battery holder (taking from scrap yard) and still no heater light showing and new starter still just clicking.

My thoughts are that there is something wrong with wiring loom and would be worth replacing? Any ideas or help please?
Thanks given by:
Do you get any other lights on the dash or not?

Sounds silly but the battery terminals are definitely tight enough? Best to start with the easy stuff.

I had something similar and it was one of the earth straps on the gearbox but I got no lights at all showing on the dash/clocks.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Starter click sounds like dead battery to me or 12vs not getting to where its needed. Check battery is good and you have all the 12v wires coming off it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 07:55 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Do you get any other lights on the dash or not?

Sounds silly but the battery terminals are definitely tight enough? Best to start with the easy stuff.

I had something similar and it was one of the earth straps on the gearbox but I got no lights at all showing on the dash/clocks.

The battery light,handbrake light thats all I get
Thanks given by:
Sounds like bad earth to me 2 lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1996 XR Central Locking Help! Optikal 3 2,749 23-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Optikal