1.9 non turbo engine into an hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.9 non turbo engine into an hdi
I have the 1.9 non turbo engine out of a phase 2.5 I think. I have a rolling shell hdi car with ruined engine. Can the 1.9 block be dropped into the car? Is there an issue with drive shafts or the gearbox or even the loom? I was thinking that if I could combine all my bits I could make a lovely little runner as the engine only has 38 thousand miles on it. I know the idea is usually to take the non turbo out and fit an hdi or xud turbo engine but for the purposes of this is an economy wagon. Any help would be hugely appreciated
Thanks given by:
Iirc the n/a derv isnt that economical due to having to drive flat out everywhere lol
Thanks given by:
+1 to that above, my nad seems to go through alot of fuel since everywhere I go I put my foot to the metal in order to reach the speed limit haha
Thanks given by:
U might be right but as it engine has such low miles and my current daily since I sold my 306 does 25 mpg is I'm lucky I know it will be better than that... plus it means I have a 306 again and I have really missed mine
Thanks given by:
just no.... nobody wants that engine.
Thanks given by:
But will it fit, this is what I need to know... I know it's not to tour taste but I have everything to build it if it fits hence the question I have had 4 hdi's and I would like without spending too much to get this one running with this engine as it's genuinely low miles and runs so sweetly..
Thanks given by:
to be honest, i had a NAD zx, and loved every minute, i wasn't overly concerned about getting everywhere yesterday style, just amazed at quiet on the motorway, 60mph and could only hear the wind going past...lol

then ofc i got my volcane, which having the TD engine, was 1) - more fun, 2) - no less economical, 3) - had turbo noise and shit

TD ftw
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I'm not going to buy another engine as for now it's just to get 306 back in my life... just asked a simple question rather that getting 'td ftw' I'm aware of that and not disputing that but I just wanted to know if any of you knew the issues in fitting the engine it to this shell.
Thanks given by:
Too be fair ive just scrapped my 306 nad (very rotten front floors rear wheel arch) i had it for about 5 years it was already on a bosch and yes it may not be the quickest of cars but i was getting roughly 50mpg driving it daily on dual carraige ways and a roads 60mph average. (im in my middle forties so the speed of these isnt really a issue for me ) i was running 100% veg oil it never once let me down.
Thanks given by:
Should fit afaik mate yes
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 06:05 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Should fit afaik mate yes
Thanks but what does afaik mean?
Thanks given by:
as far as i know
Thanks given by:
Thanks I couldn't work that out haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N/A head on a Turbo engine=Bad idea or not? johnny625 3 1,701 19-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  1.9d turbo 306 engine swap to a berlingo joshed 7 3,319 25-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  another 205 d turbo for sale 405 dt engine bayley 3 1,332 19-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Last Post: vtec power gt