Wiring in slim line fans with override switch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring in slim line fans with override switch
Has anyone got any pictures or in depth details of which wires need to go where in order to do this?

The car has no fans on at all atm but I have some slim lines I'd like to wire into the standard relay (currently off the car) along with a switch (basically provides a live to the high speed part) that I can mount inside should I want to turn them on myself.

I'm looking for details of which colour wires possibly with pictures and or diagrams etc.

Thanks.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Not got A/C?

I wired in my pair of slimlines into the standard loom then use the AC switch fot overide
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No AC.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Right, the 3 pin plug on the radiator is how this works...

IIRC from when I've done this before, the high/low speed is controlled by 2 being the common and it switching 1 for the low speed, then high speed is activated by it switching pin 3 - so basically, take that plug and all you should need to do is to put in your own switch which links the wires to pins 2 and 3 on that plug, use the stock relay and take the wires that go to the stock fans and wire in your slimlines Smile

That's totally from memory, so I'd strongly suggest testing this before doing it!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hehe Ruan, ive already expained near enough word for word what you just said to Trent Tongue

Center is common, sides are low / high, just leave oem system alone and switch them Tongue simples Tongue

Come on trent Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ill have to look into this for mine. See if I can wire in a nicer solution! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 10:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: Right, the 3 pin plug on the radiator is how this works...

IIRC from when I've done this before, the high/low speed is controlled by 2 being the common and it switching 1 for the low speed, then high speed is activated by it switching pin 3 - so basically, take that plug and all you should need to do is to put in your own switch which links the wires to pins 2 and 3 on that plug, use the stock relay and take the wires that go to the stock fans and wire in your slimlines Smile

That's totally from memory, so I'd strongly suggest testing this before doing it!

(07-12-2014, 10:06 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Hehe Ruan, ive already expained near enough word for word what you just said to Trent Tongue

Center is common, sides are low / high, just leave oem system alone and switch them Tongue simples Tongue

Come on trent Tongue

Dum dum dum.

Huh  Big Grin  Angel

Ok, I'll pull my finger out.

Thanks!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring up slim line fans Frosty 3 1,547 09-07-2013, 09:32 PM