the missus just bought a cabby, now im hooked!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the missus just bought a cabby, now im hooked!
Hi all, my missus just bought and paid for a cabby on ebay, I got home from work to be told we were going to tottenham the next day to collect her new car? She only has a provisional license so obviously couldn't drive it back on her own...
Anyway, its a bit of a dog, looks nice but has a horrid wobble at 50mph+ and squeaks n squeals round corners/bumps but she loves it so I suppose I have a job on my hands every weekend now... Just when the painting/plumbing/tiling/gardening/wiring list for the house was getting under control too lol
I'm on my mobile at the mo so afraid pics will have to wait till tomoro, but she's a nice looking purple, 2.0 with a lot of work needed, all for £520... At least the roof works lol
Anyways, just thought id introduce myself as im gonna be needing your wisdom, as never owned a 306 before... 4 205 1.9 gti's and a 309 gti, but no 306...
Seems like a Nice community, hope you'll enjoy having me around, I've already started saving for my summer topless fun now, so there'll be 2 new cars to your forum soon enough
Nick
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate.. Sounds like a good project you got there Smile
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Welcome Sir Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile Looking forward to seeing the pictures when they're up!
There's plenty of people on here who will be able to help, being French pieces of cheese we're used to funny noises etc... Smile

Where abouts are you based?

Once you have you're car too, maybe a trip to French Car Show in the summer will be in order? whistle
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along to the forums, sounds like a fun project you have got your self into there, Aubergine is the cabby purple but I learnt the other day that there is another similar colour too so it might not be lol

TBH mechanically the suspension set-up etc is all pretty similar to the 306/205 so you be alright, anything your struggling with I'm sure someone will be able to help Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate. Pics are needed!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome! you based in London?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
thanks for the warm welcome, we're based on the south east coast, eastbouring....
AGAIN sorry about lack of pics... I'm taking Miss P for a driving lesson tomoro afternoon, gonna head up to normans bay, as have had quite a few nice photoshoots up there already... so pics (depending on weather obv) should be up tomoro
Thanks given by:
There's a lot of us from London- Surrey- South Coast (all along) so you're in good company Smile

Also, there's a cabby up for sale on here now, in the For Sale- Cars section ninja
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along 306s seem to ave this sort of effect on people

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
couple of pics FINALLY ....

Not bad for £520... even if the exhaust did decide to fall off the other day Confusedhhh:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks good! Big Grin Is it purple?
Thanks given by:
its not bad looking, yeah, purple, will be flat white once i'm done with it though ...
Thanks given by:
i like where this is going already....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Welcome along I also have a 306 cab great in the summer . IF WE GET ONE lol. White is good !
Thanks given by:
That is a bargain mate! £250 and the roof works??? I'd keep it in purple though; the purple turtle cabby.

Don't worry about the knocks and squeaks, they all bloody do that!
Thanks given by:
Don't paint it white.............the purple is an awesome colour! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I think I saw this today! I'm from bexhill/Hastings, and come over to eastbourne most weekdays to unload my work van, couldn't help but notice a purple cabby at the side of the road! I'm off next week too, so if you want a hand with anything, or even just some inspiration, I'd be glad to come and show off my dtub! :thumbup: lol

EDIT: Welcome along to the forum BTW! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: