Black Friday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday
So who's taking advantage of the black friday sales then? I was paid today so its not a good combination yet I've been through most of the big stores online to find nothing suitable at all for christmas presents. Its all just tat or cooking equipment lol.

Any decent deals to look out for? Any of you going to be in the news for murdering 4 people in your local supermarket just to get something cheap as people seem to be so desperate to do so all of a sudden?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Saw at Sainsburys last night - 40" Blaupunkt LCD at £149.99
Thanks given by:
I bought a Fish Eye lens for my camera yesterday, but so far not seen anything else to spend my money.

If I was not spending money on my car, or saving for my holiday I might be tempted by a few deals out there.
Thanks given by:
It's pretty much all tat that I've seen nothing worth spending any money on that's for sure, asda and tesco have been knocking out cheap tv's but they're cheap for a reason, seen a few Xbox 360 deals but you'd be wanting a one rather than a 360, Amazon is pretty crap considering they usually discount their goods anyway your not getting much of a bargain online, b&q have a few deals on the makita range but the batter are not compatible with the LXT model as the drills/drivers they sell are specifically made for B&Q
Thanks given by:
http://www.asda.com/blackfriday/index.html?item=g4

Polaroid 40" tv, £139
Polaroid 32" tv, £89

Sorry but that is too cheap not to give it a shot.. I don't even need a TV but I might pop up later to see if there are any left!
Thanks given by:
Got a Logitech G27 racing wheel with 3 pedals and 6 speed shifter for my PC.. £149 reduced from £220 from currys
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
all stuff you dont need!
dont waste your money Tongue
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 09:39 AM)cully Wrote: all stuff you dont need!
dont waste your money Tongue
This. Unless youve had your eye on something for months sales are just there to take your money. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Its an american thing which seems to have appeared over here recently. Nothing is properly discounted :/
Thanks given by:
Bought a bottle of Kraken rum from Amazon in their deal and been keeping an eye on the other stuff. Only other thing I've really been interested in is an Xbox One and haven't seen a deal/bundle I like.

In the market to buy some computer parts so Monday might be expensive for me as it's cyber monday.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 09:47 AM)SRowell Wrote: Nothing is properly discounted :/

Just purchased 100ml Paco Rabanne 1 million for £36, that's over £20 off the usual price.

There are some fantastic deals on today!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 10:20 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: In the market to buy some computer parts so Monday might be expensive for me as it's cyber monday.

Yeah, I'm looking atm also :/
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
There's some stonking deals on amazon for SSD's at the moment if anyone's interested
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Someone posted the link yesterday and I've got a christmas present coming :/
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Black Friday: encouraging people to buy shit they don't need with money they don't have. Seen vids on Facebook of people scrapping in 'tasda over mildly discounted telly's... Crackers.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 10:30 AM)Pete Wrote: Black Friday: encouraging people to buy shit they don't need with money they don't have.

Isn't that the same for any sale!? lol
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 10:23 AM)Ruan Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 10:20 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: In the market to buy some computer parts so Monday might be expensive for me as it's cyber monday.

Yeah, I'm looking atm also :/

I've pretty much chosen everything I want, just waiting til I have the money. I'd rather not get it on the credit card but if Monday turns out good...
Thanks given by:
I'm ready to kill some of these lady gardens in tescos, utter f*cking morons with no respect for personal space, no manners and so much arrogance
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 10:50 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: I'm ready to kill some of these lady gardens in tescos, utter f*cking morons with no respect for personal space, no manners and so much arrogance

Thats just Tescos shoppers anyway mate lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They're cueing out the door to get to the electrical department upstairs. Everyone's got a blaupunkt TV in their trolley
Thanks given by:
Working at Asda I can safely say Black Friday has to be the grimmest Americanism of the UK I can think of in retail sense.

Although I can say that the better products are tomorrow. Today was mostly ASDAs overstock of Polaroid TVs and the old model samsung TVs. The Polaroids were 720p hd ready. It's a marketing ploy (for ASDA anyway who brought it to the UK from the "glorious" Walmart) to get rid of the old stock as in the warehouse we have all the new stock ready for people to buy at full whack in the last few weeks leading up to Christmas. Can't say if you get a product its a bloody bargain yeah, but I 100% don't support it. Standing by with security watching women fight over an lg sound bar. My god.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Yeah a load of american nonsense. Black Friday is is the day after Thanksgiving (something that we don't celebrate here) and is so called asvery few people would go back to work for one day so took a long weekend and usually started christmas shopping. The stores cottoned onto this ans saw it as the day that they started to be "in the black" for the year.

Its f*cking daft over here, people are being mugged off by shops as they aren't selling stuff at a loss, they are selling shit that people don't really want/need and making a fortune. It seems alot of the stuff isn't even the supermarkets usual lines so they can claim some shitty no brand 32" TV has a RRP of £300 and sell it on at £129.99 making people think its a bargain when for just a little more you could have a decent one at normal price.

Glad I wasn't having to work dealing with peoples stupid petty fights over knocked down shit or I'd of been a very very short tempered arsehole.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 12:17 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: They're cueing out the door to get to the electrical department upstairs. Everyone's got a blaupunkt TV in their trolley

You should just go up to them all and say the 40" tellys are a tenner cheaper at ASDA.

(28-11-2014, 12:45 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Working at Asda I can safely say Black Friday has to be the grimmest Americanism of the UK I can think of in retail sense.

Although I can say that the better products are tomorrow. Today was mostly ASDAs overstock of Polaroid TVs and the old model samsung TVs. The Polaroids were 720p hd ready.

It's probably a shit-load of the same shitty TV's they sold last year.
People got arrested fighting over them back then as well. Mugs

There are some good deals out there to be found tho.
Thanks given by:
Blaupunkt and Polaroid make TVs!? Why can't manufacturer's just stick to the thing they're good at... Confused
Thanks given by:
No they just licence their name to be stuck onto a TV made by some dodgy No-name Chinese manufacturer.

Poloroid collapsed a few years ago, I think they only exist on paper now to licence their name off to be used by other companies.

It's certainly the case with those TV's, I bet getting customer support on them is fun.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 12:45 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Working at Asda I can safely say Black Friday has to be the grimmest Americanism of the UK I can think of in retail sense.

Although I can say that the better products are tomorrow. Today was mostly ASDAs overstock of Polaroid TVs and the old model samsung TVs. The Polaroids were 720p hd ready. It's a marketing ploy (for ASDA anyway who brought it to the UK from the "glorious" Walmart) to get rid of the old stock as in the warehouse we have all the new stock ready for people to buy at full whack in the last few weeks leading up to Christmas. Can't say if you get a product its a bloody bargain yeah, but I 100% don't support it. Standing by with security watching women fight over an lg sound bar. My god.

its the biggest joke the company has come up with! they don't care about anyone as long as they make a profit! that goes for their staff and customers!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 01:39 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: No they just licence their name to be stuck onto a TV made by some dodgy No-name Chinese manufacturer.

Poloroid collapsed a few years ago, I think they only exist on paper now to licence their name off to be used by other companies.

It's certainly the case with those TV's, I bet getting customer support on them is fun.

There's about 5 or 6 real manufacturers of TVs these days.. They're all copied designs really, all the same processing inside just slightly customised software really.

Even less for the LCD panels, I can only think of LG, Samsung and Phillips that have a fab to make them...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 02:31 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 01:39 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: No they just licence their name to be stuck onto a TV made by some dodgy No-name Chinese manufacturer.

There's about 5 or 6 real manufacturers of TVs these days.. They're all copied designs really, all the same processing inside just slightly customised software really.

Even less for the LCD panels, I can only think of LG, Samsung and Phillips that have a fab to make them...

This
There is another company who mostly sell their panels to Sony. Something stupid like the hung yong picture tube company lol.

Bang and olfsen TVs are just Panasonic TVs lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That is true.

I had heard the Poloroid ones were only 720p sets, so god knows what screen they've got in them.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 02:31 PM)Ruan Wrote:

LG and Philips are the same company I think now ruan, Panasonic is another good manufacture too. but nothing is built like it was 10 years ago, I saw the change in quality when used to work on the electrical side of stuff. Big back tvs, the last generation of them were very, very light. compared to the previous stuff we had.

(28-11-2014, 02:47 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: That is true.

I had heard the Poloroid ones were only 720p sets, so god knows what screen they've got in them.

I think poloroid may have took over the sanyo market too, as practically all the supermarkets used to sell them,
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Friday Bargains rocker8742 14 3,653 26-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Black Friday Deals! Eeyore 25 4,018 30-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Eeyore