strut braces.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strut braces.
Strut braces. Yay or nay. What are people's thoughts do they make much difference if any?
Thanks given by:
yes they make a difference. Especially the bottom one apparently. Some are better than others. Theyre easy to fit, a visually appealing mod, and theyre cheap.
Thanks given by:
I would say don't buy a stainless one.

Yes top and bottom do make a difference.
Thanks given by:
Just curious as fitted them to cars in the past n never felt any benifit.
Thanks given by:
As said boyt makes a bigger difference than top.

That said, when I welded my one in, I nearly over steered into a path. Mental difference between the bolt on and the one I made.

Or even better yet, seam weld your subframe.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Good to know. Cheers
Thanks given by:
Hi 

I've just fitted some OMP ones (top and bottom). The bottom one had to be spaces away from the lower engine mount to stop it rubbing and causing vibrations. I've just been to the garage today and now it seems the bonnet is not closing properly because of the top brace. Can anyone help?

Cheer
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 car ????
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 02:06 PM)S16 Wrote: Hi 

I've just fitted some OMP ones (top and bottom). The bottom one had to be spaces away from the lower engine mount to stop it rubbing and causing vibrations. I've just been to the garage today and now it seems the bonnet is not closing properly because of the top brace. Can anyone help?

Cheer

Never seen that problem before.
Thanks given by:
On the phase 1's we have, I thought.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's a phase 1
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 03:41 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(16-12-2014, 02:06 PM)S16 Wrote: Hi 

Cheer

Never seen that problem before.

The OMP lower braces are notorious for rubbing. Hence why the Ripp ones are so popular.

The top however, is also news to me.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's confusing me too. Any ideas on how to remedy the problem. Anyone got a link to those ripp ones?
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough braces are made by a chap who is a member on here and a few other forums. Have a search for the username.

A knowledgeable individual. He doesn't make many, so they are few and far between, but crop up now and again.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks. Looks like I'm gonna have to either sort this one out some how or just get rid. 
Thanks given by:
Remove the sound deadening pad that stops the bonnet lifting!

I ran mine with out it on for 80k with out issues

Kd racing is by far the best to go with
Thanks given by:
Hi

Do you have a link for the KD racing one. I've searched on Google but I'm struggling. May be cause it's 10 to 1 in the morning 
Thanks given by:
Does happen with the top on on occasion, I remember a few years back a few people having trouble and having to either ditch the sound deadening and/or lift the rear of the bonnet slightly, might be a batch issue rather than a normal thing though, as many have no problems.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Would you make another batch of your lower braces?
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 12:48 AM)S16 Wrote: Hi

Do you have a link for the KD racing one. I've searched on Google but I'm struggling. May be cause it's 10 to 1 in the morning 

The KD ones are regarded as one of the best 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 09:36 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Would you make another batch of your lower braces?

I've got some bent up ready for welding actually, but I've been down south on a job so didn't get them done this week as I intended. Will get some knocked out over xmas.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 09:23 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 09:36 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Would you make another batch of your lower braces?

I've got some bent up ready for welding actually, but I've been down south on a job so didn't get them done this week as I intended. Will get some knocked out over xmas.

I'd like one as well, I'll keep an eye out for a for sale thread.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I want one too but can't comment when you will set up a for sale thread ;( I hate rules! Sad
Thanks given by:
Yes please ripp!
Thanks given by:
+1 for a ripp strut brace
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 09:23 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:

do you have a picture of the upper strut brace you make. id like to see one and possibly by one to replace this shitty omp one.

thanks
Thanks given by:
I'd also like one lol, before I buy an omp
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough, Do you make top and bottom ones then? And how much do you charge for both?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
^^^^^ very interested in knowing this too
Thanks given by:
We stopped on the top ones as it was rather difficult to make one that fitted anything bar one specific model, rather than a universal one, without making the design so convoluted that it was a waste of time, have done a couple of one-offs though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lower strut braces Grant 26 4,439 14-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Eeyore