106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
So started on the door cards today Smile got one of them shaped just going to give the edges a quick rub down to smooth them out more and get hold of a hole saw so I can cut a hole out for the window winder and door handle

[attachment=21731]
Thanks given by:
Will be picking up my new beam tomorrow built by Stef205 Smile so as I'm going from drum to disk am I right in thinking I can keep the existing brake lines but have to change the handbrake cable?

I would like to get it on for spring action but don't think I would have the funds as I'll need to get disks, callipers and new front springs to drop it to match the back, I'm hoping all the suspension and brakes will be done for FCS Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You still want the brakes mate
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 04:44 PM)td_dan Wrote: You still want the brakes mate

Yeah I can hopefully get them next month money's a bit tight at the second
Thanks given by:
Ok no probs
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
See you tomorrow, be nice to get it gone I keep falling over it Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Stef205 Wrote: See you tomorrow, be nice to get it gone I keep falling over it Wink

Haha it will just be in my way till its fitted haha
Thanks given by:
It's here! Drove from Bristol to Lyme regis today to pick it up from Stef205 extremely happy with it Smile now all I need is some discs and callipers then it's ready to fit! 

[attachment=21874]

[attachment=21875]
Thanks given by:
Also got one of the door straps fitted today Smile really like the position it's in. Just need another 10mm bolt to do the other side. 
[attachment=21876]
Thanks given by:
This is looking good mate! Well done for cracking on with it.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 07:51 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: This is looking good mate! Well done for cracking on with it.

Thanks mate Smile will be more exciting next month, getting the bucket seats for it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah? Any particular type in mind? Or just what you can get.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 08:04 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Oh yeah? Any particular type in mind? Or just what you can get.

Going to be getting these ones Smile fit me perfectly and they are a composite shell rather that a steel frame so much lighter and stronger Smile 
[attachment=21880]
Thanks given by:
I have those! Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 08:13 PM)Stef205 Wrote: I have those! Smile

Ah sweet! How you finding them? 
Thanks given by:
Love them, being fg they are comfy.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 08:40 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Love them, being fg they are comfy.

Awesome, can't wait to get them Smile
Thanks given by:
Good progress as ever mate.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 09:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good progress as ever mate.

Thanks Chris Smile really happy with the progress and how much I'm learning, can't wait to attempt fitting the beam 
Thanks given by:
Nice seats, had corbeau's in my Rallye. Very comfy and usable, unlike a pure sprint seat.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 10:55 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Nice seats, had corbeau's in my Rallye. Very comfy and usable, unlike a pure sprint seat.

Yeah thought they would be a good seat and only £150 each Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah great seats especially for 150 each new

Sound weird but you can feel the road through you arse in buckets which means you can push (the car ) that little bit more.and also way more supportive and braced.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 11:07 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah great seats especially for 150 each new

Sound weird but you can feel the road through you arse in buckets and also way more supportive and braced.

Yeah I love bucket seats, I used to race Karts so it was a fibreglass seat an inch off the floor with no suspension. Cant get more road feel than that haha
Thanks given by:
looking good Nathan, you need to start getting this put back together.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2015, 10:07 PM)procta Wrote: looking good Nathan, you need to start getting this put back together.

Yeah it's getting there Smile will be taking it to Spring action with the standard suspension but after I will hopefully be buying the front lowering springs and all the new brakes.

Contemplating fitting a brake bias valve. What's your opinion on fitting one? 
Thanks given by:
I look forward to seeing it at Spring action day. I'll be there on track myself, so be sure to give me a message if you're about Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2015, 10:14 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(28-02-2015, 10:07 PM)procta Wrote: looking good Nathan, you need to start getting this put back together.

Yeah it's getting there Smile will be taking it to Spring action with the standard suspension but after I will hopefully be buying the front lowering springs and all the new brakes.

no harm to fitting one, as you can have lot more control over the brake setup.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2015, 10:20 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I look forward to seeing it at Spring action day. I'll be there on track myself, so be sure to give me a message if you're about Smile

Will do man Smile ive got the 11:15 slot booked. Thinking of booking another session 

(28-02-2015, 10:22 PM)procta Wrote:
(28-02-2015, 10:14 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

no harm to fitting one, as you can have lot more control over the brake setup.

Yeah gonna look up how to fit one Smile
Thanks given by:
This looks great good work Smile might strip my berlingo out now and give you a race aha
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 05:47 PM)joshed Wrote: This looks great good work Smile might strip my berlingo out now and give you a race aha

Haha do it! Would be awesome 
Thanks given by: