Removing inlet manifold & cam cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing inlet manifold & cam cover
Hi all,

Wanting to paint these but can't find a guide on how to remove? Anyone got a link to a guide? I'm not even sure where 2 start!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Its only a few plugs and bolts...how hard can it be! Big Grin

Obviously use new gaskets when reassembling though.
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 07:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its only a few plugs and bolts...how hard can it be! Big Grin

Obviously use new gaskets when reassembling though.

Yeah I guessed about the gaskets but otherwise it's hard yeah!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
The only tricky thing is to get to two screws on the underside of the manifold. Everything else is straight forward Smile
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Yeah pretty simple tbh

Assume we talking XU10?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 09:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah pretty simple tbh

Assume we talking XU10?

Yeah. Was just hoping for an idiots guide so I didn't mess things up!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Make sure when you put it back on that its seated against the head properly otherwise they can break when you tighten the bolts up

And make sure the cam cover gaskets are okay as they aren't a replaceable a gasket like the inlet
Thanks given by:
There's a guide on the gti6 forum.

& yes make sure it is seated properly and that you torque it up gently and properly etc.

I warped two.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 09:29 PM)RetroPug Wrote: There's a guide on the gti6 forum.

& yes make sure it is seated properly and that you torque it up gently and properly etc.

I warped two.

You on about this guide dude? http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=64213

Thought this was for xsi only?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
It's the same procedure for XSi. Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2014, 10:07 PM)Orta Wrote:
(24-11-2014, 09:29 PM)RetroPug Wrote: There's a guide on the gti6 forum.

I warped two.

You on about this guide dude? http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=64213

Thought this was for xsi only?

This one mate:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=39767
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You know the various clips holding pipes on? Are these reusable once removed and if not where can I get them / what are they actually called ? (Pic attached)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Think there's a tool for pushing them together.

I levered them open with a screwdriver and now have jubilee clips on them, makes life much easier when they need to come off.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
They are reusable. There is a proper tool but i just use a pair of side cutters.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah theyre called 'Clic R' clamps and I have a tool for removing and refitting them. Big Grin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERGEN-WPI-TEC...1472618480
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8v Inlet Manifold PugLee 0 843 24-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Last Post: PugLee
Star gti 6 inlet manifold on 1.8 xs jjenn20 10 2,138 01-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Gti6 inlet manifold connorp 11 3,190 25-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: welshpug