solid brake pedal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solid brake pedal
On a couple of occasions now I have had a solid brake pedal but it goes back to normal as soon as you press it again any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Servo or lack of vaccuum
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2014, 08:25 PM)Piggy Wrote: Servo or lack of vaccuum

Easy to suss out or no?
Thanks given by:
Quite common for vac pumps to fail, but dont jump to conclusions. Check the pipe for splits etc
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
had this on my hdi after i flushed the oil before the oil change
i fixed mine by spraying a little Plus gas into the pump outlet which worked a treat

i put mine down to sticky vains in the vac pump as it used to come and go normaly at low rpm
its not done it since
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 08:14 AM)cully Wrote: had this on my hdi after i flushed the oil before the oil change
i fixed mine by spraying a little Plus gas into the pump outlet which worked a treat

i put mine down to sticky vains in the vac pump as it used to come and go normaly at low rpm
its not done it since

Both times mine has done this is at low rpm leaving work/home probably 10 seconds after starting the car and moving off
Thanks given by:
To test the vac pump, with the engine off, pump the brake pedal about 6 - 8 times until really hard and on the last push, keep the pressure on it and start the engine. If the vac pump is working properly the pedal should drop down to normal brakes applied position once the engine starts and runs for a second or two. Or, pull the pipe (to the brake servo) off the vac motor, start the engine and put finger over the inlet port you've just removed the pipe from and see if there's vacuum there.
That/those will test the vac motor if nothing else.
Thanks given by:
Its the little one way valve connected to the servo, remove it and clean it internally, then spray just a little lubricant inside before refitting. Seen this a few times now
part 5 in this image, just pulls out
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m...02RZzQ.jpg
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem, i had a rear caliper a bit stuck, my pads from rear offside where more worn then the other side
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hard Brake Pedal ct-hdi 5 1,312 04-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Solid Brake Lines lpr1981 2 906 25-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: lpr1981
  Replacing solid brake lines Eeyore 13 2,192 10-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Grant