coolant pipes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coolant pipes
sorry to be a pain, last question for a while ..............

how does the coolant expansion tank coolant level sensor come out?

how do you remove the expansion tank coolant pipes ( the non spring clipped ones ) with out breaking the tank or hose ends.......

cam belt job coming up over xmas and gathering info now..........wanted to flush coolant system and clean as much as possible, the expansion tank has lots of "brown rust stain" inside, so the rest of the system must be similar.....but the engine seems to run cold.......70 degrees ish on the temp gauge when doing 60 on the flat..........

while looking around the engine bay on a very recent oil and filter change ( helix and pug oil filter ), the rear of the engine looks very clean and newish, as does the turbo oil pipes.........is there a filter in the braided turbo oil supply pipe??

there is a lot of "old black oil" stains around the turbo intake as well as at the but joint on the inlet manifold area..........there did seem to be a lot of "fumes" from the oil cap when off and eng warm........but oil consumption over the last 5k miles has been half a lite ish max.....
Thanks given by:
The coolant sensor twists 90 degrees and pulls out.

The header tank pipes are a bugger to remove without damaging. I tend to leave it connected and let the tank just hang on it.

Sounds like you need a new stat.

Oil leaks are normal lol.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 02:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oil leaks are normal lol.

Really

[Image: DSCN8534_zpsfa592b1d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 08:38 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:

Really

Wow im impressed.

I still cant locate my engine leak down the back of the engine and I really do not want to take it to a garage
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need oil leaks to stop the outside of the engine rusting.Itwasntme

Steve
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 08:38 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:

Really

Wow... You must've changed some gaskets surely!!
Thanks given by: