Cherry Red 306 Rallye £800

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cherry Red 306 Rallye £800
1999 Peugeot 306 Rallye 2.0 16v for spares or repair in cherry red (engine overheating – needs a new waterpump). Dry stored in my ownership since April this year and also by the previous owner since February 2013. Comes with no MOT or tax due to new car tax law. Body is rust free and structurally sound. Comes with one key. Currently sitting on just over 132,000 miles. Starts first time every time. I am selling the car as I have not got the time or money anymore to get this back on the road where it belongs. Last MOT was on the 9th March 2012. The car passed with Two Advisories: Brake discs worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened and parking brake lever has little reserve travel.

In my ownership I have fitted new rear brake pads, the standard airbox and a new rear exhaust hanger. The car needs the following bits to get it back fully onto the road: water pump (old one causing engine overheating problem), thermostat gasket, engine mount (engine slightly rocking), heater matrix and a new tyre (rear drivers punctured so sitting on spare wheel). Will throw in a set of Pirelli P6/P6000 Tyres with good tread free of charge if I get the price I’m looking for. Currently has on Yoko Parada Spec 2 on the Front and a Cooper Tyre on the Rear all with good tread.

Has had the main important parts renewed and fitted to it in the last few years: cambelt kit (January 2012 – Only done max 2000 miles since), full head set (£110 for just the part – January 2012), head bolt set (January 2012) and the head removed, stripped, valves re-grinded with full cambelt kit (2006). It has also had thermostat and seal (January 2013), NKG BKR5EZ spark plugs (January 2012) and oil and filter (January 2012).

Bodywork is in above average condition for the year and comes up well with a good polish. The bonnet is stone chipped with a patch of paint flaking. The rest of the car is generally in good condition bar a few minor dents/scratches. Side skirts look faded compared to the rest of the car. Interior in really good condition for the age although does not come with a head unit. Comes with the original cardboard case from the original sale of the car as well as the original warranty and servicing booklet.

The car is nearly completely standard bar a full stainless magnex exhaust which sounds great and a leather steering wheel from the 306 GTI6. Have most MOT’s which go as far back as 2002. Some service history. Lots of receipts for parts and work done since the car was new. HPI Checked in 2009 and all clear (with documents to prove)

I am sad to be letting this car go but I’m sure the new owner will enjoy it as much as I have. Collection from near Hexham. Will possibly swap for a 306 GTI6, 206 GTI 180, Clio 172/182, 406 Coupe or similar. Looking for £800 or I will just keep it and sort it out myself eventually.

Please Note: The car will have to be trailered away due to the overheating problem although the car goes and stops as it should. Also there is also no warranty implied or given and the car is to be sold as seen. Cash on collection preferred. Drop me a message me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Photos here:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-23737.html
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-23651.html
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-26647.html
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ.... the couch is not the place to post for sale threads. I will move this to the 'for sale' section where things for sale go. I will then put it in the sub section 'Cars' where cars for sale go.

Looks like a good deal though and GLWS. Would be worth more if you could get those things sorted out though!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 03:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Jesus christ.... the couch is not the place to post for sale threads. I will move this to the 'for sale' section where things for sale go. I will then put it in the sub section 'Cars' where cars for sale go.

Looks like a good deal though and GLWS. Would be worth more if you could get those things sorted out though!

Apologies, saw people in the past do this when they were thinking of selling their car!
Cheers! Havent got the time and money to put into it to be honest! Otherwise I would, isn't cheap having two 306's aha
Thanks given by:
No worries mate. Dont let the others lead you astray! its my time of the month!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 03:40 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(20-11-2014, 03:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: Jesus christ.... the couch is not the place to post for sale threads. I will move this to the 'for sale' section where things for sale go. I will then put it in the sub section 'Cars' where cars for sale go.

Apologies, saw people in the past do this when they were thinking of selling their car!
Cheers! Havent got the time and money to put into it to be honest! Otherwise I would, isn't cheap having two 306's aha

Shame to see you selling up Sad this is gonna hold its value more than the other cars you have listed and for the sake of a waterpump and heater matrix? Honestly a dedicated weekend would see this thing ready for an MOT and roadworthy...

But the best of luck with the sale dude. Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
You did a cambelt 2000 miles ago and didn't do the waterpump!?

If you were closer I'd have had this Sad
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Shame to see you selling up Sad this is gonna hold its value more than the other cars you have listed and for the sake of a waterpump and heater matrix? Honestly a dedicated weekend would see this thing ready for an MOT and roadworthy...

But the best of luck with the sale dude. Smile
[/quote]

I know, if I dont get the money im looking for im keeping it and getting the work done after christmas, just its been sat since April and im getting abit bored of not having it on the road or track (havent got the time or money at the moment) still not 100% whether I could sell it or not, will wait and see

Im not very good with anything mechanical so I couldnt do any of this myself unfortunately! How would it hold its value more than others?
Still not 100% defo selling or not so will see what happens but thanks Matt Smile

(21-11-2014, 09:29 AM)Norledge Wrote: You did a cambelt 2000 miles ago and didn't do the waterpump!?

If you were closer I'd have had this Sad

Yes that was the last owner, if im keeping it im gooing to be getting both the cambelt and waterpump done at the same time
Apologies
Thanks given by:
It will hold its value more due to it being a rallye Smile it will always have more of a following than the others.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thought thats what you meant yeah, it will always go up in value now I suppose, maybe worth hanging onto Smile
Thanks given by:
Definitely worth hanging onto! mines sat in the workshop with no mot and needing a suspension refurb and some welding before it can be put through a test again.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I suppose so, fair enough!
Not cheap running two 306s as you know Tongue never mind just one aha
Thanks given by:
Going to put the sale of the car on hold for the moment, going to sort the car out myself, will reply to this thread again if/when it comes up for sale again
Thanks given by:
Good ideal mate

Save her Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Would it be illegal so to speak, to fit a 2.1 to this Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 05:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Would it be illegal so to speak, to fit a 2.1 to this Confused

Do you want another ban? Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2014, 05:43 PM)7057sam Wrote: Good ideal mate

Save her Smile

Cheers! Thats the plan, whatever I put into it I will pretty much always get back when I come to sell it eventually

(23-11-2014, 05:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Would it be illegal so to speak, to fit a 2.1 to this Confused

2.1td 12v like whats in yours? Aha
Thanks given by:
Nah, 2.1 turbo petrol from the old Audi Quattro...along with the 4wd system as well... Would be ace! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah, 2.1 250bhp 400ftlbs diesel??

No?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tempting Piggy Wink
Maybe you should buy it then stick your engine in it Tongue
Would go very well but if im keeping it its staying original Smile
Just read your project thread mate... attention to detail and time and money spent is amazing! Smile
Thanks given by:
I was considering buying yours to drop my lump in...

I wanted a cherry red shell initially when this one came up.

But i'll get murdered/stoned if I do it to a rallye me thinks
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh right fair enough Piggy
At the end of the day its up to the owner of the car what they do with it at theend of the day.
I can see where they all comefrom but I can see why youd want to put your engine in a cherry rallye shell too
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cherry Red(ish) Rallye 306 Atterz 3 1,836 15-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: crumpy
  1999 306 Cherry red rallye Ben_w 17 3,800 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Ben_w
  Cherry Red 306 Rallye Lwilliams 4 2,075 05-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams