Bias valve or not?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bias valve or not?
Right looking into removing the abs.
If I run the 23mm gti-6 master cylinder (2 ports with splits in line) do I require a bias valve in line to distribute the brakes correctly? Or is this automaticaly done by the master cylinder?
[attachment=20186]
Thanks given by:
No, use the bias valve mate Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Is there a standard bias valve for 306's? Seen the 4 port master cylinders and assumed it was controlled by the master cylinder
Thanks given by:
Its called rear compensator. Its on the axle
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If your on about the load compensator I deleted it with parts from my other 306.
Thanks given by:
Then you really need a bias valve. I'm running no compensator ATM. Need to buy one for mine
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ok fella, cheers for that.
I pressume you only run a bias to the rear lines to turn it down and tame them?
Thanks given by:
The phase 1 GTi6 had the rear compensator, the phase 2/3 didn't have it as it was done by the ABS unit.

If you are taking the pipes straight to the rear (which it does sound like if you are taking the lines straight from the master cylinder) then you will have to have a bias valve somewhere. In the car allows for on the fly if your on a track and the weather get's wet. Can be under the bonnet as a fit and forget.

If you don't then you'll have 50/50 braking which will mean the back will lock up all the time
Thanks given by:
Yes you run it in the rear line.

Where you fit it is up to you, some people fit them under the bonnet others inside the car by the handbrake

I can supply willwood knob adjust ones for a good price
Thanks given by:
Thats the exact info I wanted Big Grin will be under bonnet job as its a road car
Thanks given by:
u dont need alot to the rear
id go to a quiet open road and play with it
Thanks given by:
Will prob stick it on a brake tester and have a play
Thanks given by:
Fit one. 50/50 braking can be scary. ( tho can be fun lol)
Thanks given by:
i run 10% to the rear on mine. sometimes 20
Thanks given by:
i dont run a bias valve at all in my 205, never had a issue. Just try it with out before jumping the gun.
Thanks given by:
Right so today I looked round lus new car. Phase one kingfisher green that's rust free Smile. But has a dead axle. What I did notice is that it has no abs and no load compensator. I have full history with the car. And I mean full even headlamp bulb receipts. No rear beam change therefore its original. I thought they all had a form of compensation on them
Thanks given by:
Don't need a compensator with drums as far I as know. They're not efficient enough to need the brakeforce reducing lol.
Thanks given by:
You sure all of mine had compenators with drums.
Thanks given by:
Did they have ABS though?

I'm pretty sure non-ABS drum 306s don't have them but I'm sure someone will be along to correct me lol.
Thanks given by:
Some did some didn't. All had compensators. Hope someone sheds some light on this.
Thanks given by:
Intresting. So could mean i havnt got to fit a bias maybe? Ngl havnt looked into it anymore as got overwealmed with sorting other niggles
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
I have a standard Dturbo with rear drums from 1995 and it doesn't have ABS or rear compensator.
Thanks given by:
they have inbuilt pressure limiters in the wheel cylinders, Drum ABS models have load compensators, late phase3 have EBD

drums really are as strong as a rear disc, hence the pressure limiters.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. That's new info for me. Least I know.
Thanks given by:
I think it depends which rear drums you have, they fitted girling and bendix iirc, small and big, the big ones have a load compensator I believe Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Had a brake pipe fail the other day so gotta re-do it. Gonna do the abs delete without the bias to see if it works or not. Need to bleed the whole system again no matter what as also fitting braideds
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
If you run the brake pipes without a bias valve I would put a joiner near to where you would put the bias valve because if you need to run one it will be easier to fit it and wouldn't need to mess about as much
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear brake bias replacement zx_volcane 3 1,914 10-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Brake pipe routing with manual bias valve Lolben91 15 3,346 26-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Last Post: adam b
  Bias valve recommendations bashbarnard 19 2,631 10-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Last Post: fatlapit