Exhaust - standard or not ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust - standard or not ?
Driving home from work on Friday I decided to put my foot down on the only stretch of dual carriageway I drive on to blow away the cobwebs.

There was a slight clunk and since then the exhaust note has deepened and the car is far more willing to rev.

There's a bit of a clink when I pull off from a standstill and slight vibration on acceleration when I accelerate so I think the centre section of the exhaust has had it.

My question is do I just get a replacement £30 from ECP, or spend a little more getting an uprated system ? The car has done 181k miles, and I'm currently doing 600 miles a week, and has not been tweaked at all as yet. Do I open that particular can of worms ?
Thanks given by:
Get rid of the particulate filter!! And big boxes about 2.25 pipe should be sufficient.
Thanks given by:
The xud has a cat not a particulate filter, but getting rid of that will give it better flow and help the turbo spool up quicker, de cats can be had from ecp for £20, center sections are pretty much straght through and dont cost much more, then just get a second hand free flowing backbox and bingo you've got an uprated exhaust for less than 80 quid.....then get that pump and turbo wound up! Suprising how much a stage 1 wakes the car up a bit, even with a lucas pump
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Sure its the centre section? Probably snapped the cat pipe! My HDi sounded awesome when the cat fell off... lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  standard exhaust.... restriction? Jimbo 4 1,436 03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Frosty