1.6 hdi turbo charger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: 1.6 hdi turbo charger
Long shot but has any one got a Picasso 1.6 hdi turbo charger, needs to be good working condition but cheap as possible, I'm buying a brand new one but want a cheap second hand one to throw on before just in case it dies again, why I make sure I've removed all the carbonated oil from the engine.

Thanks in advance

Thanks given by:
Good luck removing all the carbon from a DV6 without a full engine strip... lol

http://www.theturboguy.com/uploads/1/0/3...es-3-2.pdf
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 08:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Good luck removing all the carbon from a DV6 without a full engine strip... lol

http://www.theturboguy.com/uploads/1/0/3...es-3-2.pdf

WOW! Hope this one isn't that bad! Certainly not looking forward to lookinh inside the sump Undecided

Thanks given by:
Tbh, the service schedule on that one was shocking, I'm amazed it made 100k lol.

But yeah, it doesn't look like a nice job!!
Thanks given by:
When you remove the sump the strainer will be blocked solid? When you remove it the three bolts will feel as if they are about to break. They won't they're all like it. Also has a strainer in the oil feed line. This will also be blocked.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Still don't know whether to take the strainer/gauze out of the oil feed on mine! Confused
Thanks given by:
Just treat it as a servicable filter tom

And do a flush and service every 10k...not the reccomended toomanyK
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've read the DPF needs removing to access the banjo bolt though? Haven't looked into it myself but if that's the case, it's something I want to do while changing the DPF which wont get touched again (hopefully lol).

Fortunately the Focus has been serviced yearly, and has done under 10k a year (now on 48k at nearly 7 years old) and I'll keep it going yearly or sooner.
Thanks given by:
Yeah dpf needs moving.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Another ideally located service item then... lol

So replace rather than completely remove it then yeah?
Thanks given by:
They changed the design of the filter on the oil line to one with bigger holes in basicly it's not a serviceable item but if it does block bye bye turbo, I've read conflicting stories some say remove it some say fit the new updated version. Some one shown that the first d turbo engines used to have a filter on there oil lines but they were removed on the first service by Citroen or Peugeot, keep your eye on the injectors clamp bolts to as Apprently they come lose.

I'm considering removing the filter from the oil line but then I worry either the oil line or the entrance to the turbo will get blocked up by carbon. And at £300 for a new turbo I don't want to be killing one that's for sure!

Thanks given by:
Personally id keep the filter.. Its obviously doing its job by clogging up..
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 11:37 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Personally id keep the filter.. Its obviously doing its job by clogging up..

And then the supply of oil dies off to the he turbo and kills it.

Thanks given by:
See this is exactly my point.

If its there and clogs, the turbo's f*cked. If its not there and the carbon gets up to the turbo, it's f*cked.

Yep, I'd read about the injector bolts. Ford specify tightening them at services (being main dealer serviced, mine are still tight and sealed) but oddly, PSA dealers don't... Confused

Any idea when they changed the design of the banjo bolt?
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure tbh I read it on one the french fourms

Edit here's the link

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/vi...=3&t=46915

Thanks given by:
Ah I see. Found the new style bolt on servicebox but doesn't say when it was changed. Probably after 2008...hmm...
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 10:47 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah I see. Found the new style bolt on servicebox but doesn't say when it was changed. Probably after 2008...hmm...

Ill see what's in mine when I get round to stripping it down. Still unsure what to do if it was easier to access I'd check it every service. But you can't really be taking the dpf off every time

Thanks given by: