Heated Rear Window Relay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated Rear Window Relay
Went to use the rear window heater yesterday to clear condensation, heard the relay click when pushing the button but it didn't work, neither did the heated mirrors. Today I pulled the relay out and there has been some burning around one of the pins.

Is it likely that there will be more damage to the wiring or something, or could it be a case of it's just the relay that is broken so put a new one in and it will work again?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
That's not great tbh. The wiring is probably fine, but is replace that relay socket personally.
Thanks given by:
Would a new socket require soldering in? Where would be the best place to get a new socket/relay - scrapyard?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Ive got a scrap car at mine I can cut it out for you and send in post along with spare relay.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
normally with sockets like that you should be able to push the metal spade connectors out of the plastic surround so no soldering tobe done
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 01:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ive got a scrap car at mine I can cut it out for you and send in post along with spare relay.

I'll probably try and get a relay locally to save paying postage for now (or maybe borrow one out of the parent's ZX if it's the same relay Tongue ), to see if it works and if not then I'll look into other issues and replace the socket so that would be useful depending on price, I'll let you know Smile

Quote:normally with sockets like that you should be able to push the metal spade connectors out of the plastic surround so no soldering tobe done

That's helpful, should be easier to replace than I thought if that's the case and I decide to go ahead and change it
Thanks given by:
replace the socket and the connectors as the reason the relay burned is a loose connection
so replace all bits
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring diagram for heated seats bebic 0 1,565 28-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bebic
  electric / heated rx8 seats ash23 6 1,792 07-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ash23
  Heated rear screen Orta 8 2,170 27-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Orta