Help getting money back from seller

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting money back from seller
So pretty sure these coilovers are fubared or at least the rears certainly are and considering I paid good money for "good condition" it seems fair that I should be getting some money back no?
How would i best go about doing this as I'm terrible at making a fuss, in true British spirit I would rather go "never mind, bad luck old boy" and have a cup of tea something I picked up from my parents no doubt. Also don't want him thinking I'm trying to scam him

I paid with paypal *but* unlike most people I paid extra to cover the paypal seller fees (he probably should have but again dont like making a fuss or anything) so I could open a paypal dispute if he refuses? How would I go about starting the conversation was thinking

"Hello, I'm letting you know that I'm not happy with the coilover purchase. These were advertised as good condition however I have had to remove the rears off the car as they were becoming dangerous to drive with due to the damping adjustments . The first time I put them on the car I had no touched the damping dial only the height of the spring, driving down the road I became immensely worried as the car would bounce wildly over every single bump causing me to take a taxi to work the next day as i was not comfortable driving with them on in their current state.
The next couple of days I managed to get the dial to softest settings and then to 9 clicks while an improvement over the original settings they were still not up to the task and still felt like I was driving around on blown shocks. After this they became stuck and one started spinning infinitely in either direction.
I have spoken with Gaz who advised that it is often a case people advertising their coilovers to be serviced when in fact they have opened them up to see this is not the case and have offered to rebuild the rears for £23.50 a side plus carriage. Considering I paid a fair price for these on the assumption they were in good condition I think it is fair that there is reimbursement to cover the costs for refurbishment so they are more like the "good condition" as originally advertised.
On another note the front top mounts also seem to have been assembled differently one side insides the number 11 piece as shown in the link and the other does not. http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001061 , could you please advise why this is? "
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Threaten to gouge his eyes out with a rusty spoon, ....usually works for me Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ask for a refund or refurbishment. Asking for one just sounds like you're just trying for money, though I know you're not.
Thanks given by:
To be serious, tell him the product is faulty and you want to give him chance to put it right before you open a case through ebay, PayPal whatever, that's what I really do lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Caveat emptor, unfortunately! [Buyer beware]

In a word, don't waste your time Sad
Thanks given by:
Seems like a decent enough message steve

But as said, I would be asking for coverage for the GAZ service or a full refund inc return postage.

I would be specific that those are the only two options you would consider.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's a reasonable message, I doubt you'll get any come back though.
Thanks given by:
In all honesty he is probably going to laugh his ass off while reading that message.

Dont mess around with any messages, simply open a case as the item is NOT as described and just include a message sayig the parts are un useable in the condition they were received.

If you message him saying you have changed the settings etc he will have basis to say you have f*cked them yourself and are trying to scam him.

Ebay is a hostile place these days and you have to be a lady garden on there to get the desired outcome.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ah beloved PayPal, just dispute it as Matt says and say they aren't as described. Simple as that really.

No pvssy messages.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I've had 6-7 problems on ebay and got refunded every time, if you think it's a waste of time you're doing it wrong lol Smile
Thanks given by:
ill rewrite this for you in a bit. first line is a bit abrupt. you can always open a paypal dispute after.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys , don't want to be a dick..but not go too soft that he says no.
It was a bit foolish of me but I spent the last of my wages on these hoping to have them on and sorted for this weekend at 3 sisters circuit..obviously thats not going to happen now so feels like I've just spunked away all my money
Also since fitting them and being shaken about for a week the drivers side window has come loose and is rattling

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It will shake things a bit more but its unacceptable that they are broken and cant be adjusted.
Thanks given by:
Here's an example of a message I sent today:

Quote:Thanks for finally getting in touch.

I don't want to beat around the bush, it's a counterfeit item, I don't want another, I'd like a refund including the 99p postage I paid. I'm happy to return it to you but you'll have to cover postage (let's say 99p).

So if you refund me £9.99 and I will return the item to your specified address or if you don't want the item just the £9.00 I paid.

I'll be happy to leave positive feedback if you oblige and there will be no hard feelings.

Kind regards

Sh1t just got real.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Thats precisely my kinda ebay message right there! Short, sweet, straight to the point and lays down the law.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Quote:"Hello,

I recently purchased some coilovers off you and they were advertised as good condition. After receiving them and fitting to the car I have found that they are not as described. I have had to remove the rears off the car as they were becoming dangerous due to the damping adjusters being broken . When I put them on the car I did not touch the damping dials and only changed the height of the spring. Whilst driving down the road the car bounces wildly over every bump which I wasn’t comfortable with and as a result I took a taxi to work the next day.
The next couple of days I managed to get the dial to softest settings and then to 9 clicks while an improvement over the original settings they were still not up to the task and I believe the damping to still be at fault. After this they became stuck and one started spinning infinitely in either direction.

I have spoken to Gaz and they have offered to rebuild the rears for £23.50 a side plus delivery. I paid £350 for these on the assumption they were in good working and serviceable condition. I could have bought brand new for only £XXX. I would like to see a reimbursement to cover the cost of refurbishment so they are in the "good condition" they were advertised as. If we cannot come to some kind of arrangement I will have to take out a dispute with paypal.

Also I have noticed the front top mounts also seem to have been assembled differently. One side has the number 11 piece and the other does not (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001061). Could you please advise why this is?

Kind Regards,
STEVIE
ROVER FAN CLUB "

hopefully that is some use. Not sure about the last paragraph. Need to fill in the XXX bit
Thanks given by:
Btw, its remove 'from' the car, not 'off'. lol
Thanks given by:
And 'Purchased from you' not 'off you'
Thanks given by:
Thats the softest queer shit ever rowell.

Also steve if your spending the very last of your money on coilovers your doig it wrong. save for a while and just buy some new ones?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Quote:Hello m9,

Buyed coilovers, much broken, so bounce. very refund.

Phteven.

That should do it. Sams post is way too long. Get to the point.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 11:32 AM)silverzx Wrote: Here's an example of a message I sent today:

I don't want to beat around the bush, it's a counterfeit item, I don't want another, I'd like a refund including the 99p postage I paid. I'm happy to return it to you but you'll have to cover postage (let's say 99p).

So if you refund me £9.99 and I will return the item to your specified address or if you don't want the item just the £9.00 I paid.

I'll be happy to leave positive feedback if you oblige and there will be no hard feelings.

Kind regards

Sh1t just got real.

The reply from seller:

Hi I really am sorry you feel like this. I would have replied straight away but I didn t have a message or returns request from eBay. I will refund the money and you can keep the item and please accept my sincere apologies for your trouble. I have sent a sample off to Michael kors to check because I was told they are genuine when I bought them. Kind regards

JOB DONE.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 12:12 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Thats the softest queer shit ever rowell.

Also steve if your spending the very last of your money on coilovers your doig it wrong. save for a while and just buy some new ones?

#professionalism.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 11:32 AM)silverzx Wrote: Here's an example of a message I sent today:

Kind regards

Sh1t just got real.

Similar to the message I sent when i got given counterfeit guitar strings, except I went a bit more mental lol...... I was pissed, he refunded and paid return postage to get then back, did I post them back? Did I fcukers like Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 12:54 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Kind regards

Sh1t just got real.

Similar to the message I sent when i got given counterfeit guitar strings, except I went a bit more mental lol...... I was pissed, he refunded and paid return postage to get then back, did I post them back? Did I fcukers like Big Grin

Bloody northerners! Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 01:27 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 12:54 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Sh1t just got real.

Bloody northerners! Rofl

He just wanted them back because I threatened him by saying I'd get Fender involved, couple of quid better off in my pocket and in no way made up for the inconvenience it caused me, baring in mind I'm a musician by trade...Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 01:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: He just wanted them back because I threatened him by saying I'd get Fender involved, couple of quid better off in my pocket and in no way made up for the inconvenience it caused me, baring in mind I'm a musician by trade...Smile

Fender..? Eh..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
This is the front, see the washer thing is missing

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 01:51 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 01:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: He just wanted them back because I threatened him by saying I'd get Fender involved, couple of quid better off in my pocket and in no way made up for the inconvenience it caused me, baring in mind I'm a musician by trade...Smile

Fender..? Eh..

yes they were Fender strings . . .well no they weren't actually, hence my problem lol
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 02:13 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 01:51 PM)silverzx Wrote:

Fender..? Eh..

yes they were Fender strings . . .well no they weren't actually, hence my problem lol

Fender being a guitar making company btw haha
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 02:52 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 02:13 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 01:51 PM)silverzx Wrote: Fender..? Eh..

Fender being a guitar making company btw haha

Ermmm yes, bonus pixie points for you lol, they also make amps and other shit as well as the odd gee-tar Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,042 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,468 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,700 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty