It came away in my hand, Sir!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It came away in my hand, Sir!
Hi,

Peugeot 306 Estate. R-reg.

The driver's seat belt buckle is starting to fall apart, cannot push buckle in. MOT in a couple of weeks.

Looked on Ebay. It seems that the ones listed are all pre-tensioners. I didn't know that I had pre-tensioners. ??? New fangled devices.

Advise me, pretty please. Can I buy one of these ASSEMBLIES off Ebay, and just spanner over the buckle and stalk?

Thanks given by:
Have a look at the bottom of the stalk assembly and under the seat. Are there wires there. If so you have pretensioners
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the phase 2's do have pretensioners. Just not side airbags for most.
Thanks given by:
If you have a steering wheel airbag you have pre tensioners in which case, they are all the same but obviously you need to buy the correct side one.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If you have a steering wheel airbag you have pre tensioners

Hi,

I knew that. I thought pre-tensioners came a long time after airbags.

There is no mention of air bag on my steering wheel.

The seat belt stalks disappear inti the centre box thingy (I hate posh cars) so I can't see if there are any wires, Also can't see the bot that holds the stalk to the floor/tunnel. I guess Im going to be doing more grovelling on the carpet. ( I hate them even more, now)

I managed to remove the split halves of the receiver unit, after which I could fit the buckle into the receiver. All seemed secure, but lots of semi-sharp edges. I bought a tube of super-glue a few days to fix my sat-navs rubber sucker to the dash. My SWMBO has put the glue somewhere safe. ??? So I invoked Plan B, and wrapped the receiver cover in insulating tape. Nice and secure, and the buckle locks firmly in place. But will it pass the MOT like that?

I would argue that the structure of the receiver unit is not dependant opon the flimsy plastic casing. Comments?

If you have a steering wheel airbag you have pre tensioners

Hi,

I never knew that. I thought pre-tensioners came a long time after airbags.

There is no mention of air bag on my steering wheel.

The seat belt stalks disappear inti the centre box thingy (I hate posh cars) so I can't see if there are any wires, Also can't see the bot that holds the stalk to the floor/tunnel. I guess Im going to be doing more grovelling on the carpet. ( I hate them even more, now)

I managed to remove the split halves of the receiver unit, after which I could fit the buckle into the receiver. All seemed secure, but lots of semi-sharp edges. I bought a tube of super-glue a few days to fix my sat-navs rubber sucker to the dash. My SWMBO has put the glue somewhere safe. ??? So I invoked Plan B, and wrapped the receiver cover in insulating tape. Nice and secure, and the buckle locks firmly in place. But will it pass the MOT like that?

I would argue that the structure of the receiver unit is not dependant opon the flimsy plastic casing. Comments?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  detailing, can it be done by hand? j_carter 15 1,967 11-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Left hand Driveshaft! 306 d turbo 1 1,087 19-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: 306 d turbo