WANTED - Cheap Straight-Through Backbox for a DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED - Cheap Straight-Through Backbox for a DT
So, as the thread title suggests, I want a straight-through.

This is because my exhaust was leaking just after the downpipe for a while and after fixing it the car is all quiet and a teeny bit slower, boo!

I would really need it posted, unless anybody else is in the NE of Scotland! I'm open to even just a stock backbox with the innards gutted out. The only problem is I don't have a cut-out in the bumper (it's just an XLdt). I guess I could sort that out with some power tools...

When I say cheap, I mean cheap, like £25-30 tops.

What have you guys got then? Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I could probably make on up for you? It won't be anything special but it will do the job...
I've made a couple for cars I've had.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Repai ... 415b048ad9

This, then weld the tip off your backbox to it to turn it downwards, then weld on a bracket.

EDIT: Not that, it's stainless, but you get the idea.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Repair...415b048ad9

This, then weld the tip off your backbox to it to turn it downwards, then weld on a bracket.

EDIT: Not that, it's stainless, but you get the idea.

Hmmm, I've heard of people getting bother from the polis for blatantly just having a pipe in place of the back box.

Strictly_derv - what sort of price we talking? I might ask a mate who has a welder if he could do something for some beer tokens actually, if I can get hold of a spare back box from the scrappy.
Thanks given by:
As long as you have at least 1 box somewhere in the system.. it's perfectly legal
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:As long as you have at least 1 box somewhere in the system.. it's perfectly legal

Just wondering how I would declare that to the insurers.
"Hi, yeah, I've just totally removed the back box. No, it's totally legal, yeah, ok, bye!"

Not trying to flame you or anything, I honestly have no idea, lol.
Thanks given by:
Only 1 box required by law mate, just say to them that theres exhaust modifications
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, my mate can't do any welding right now for personal reasons, he just phoned me. Ah well...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted cheap lows Matt 1 835 05-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Last Post: toseland
Thumbs Up Wanted cheap Cyclones gurj306 0 920 29-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: gurj306
  straight though exhaust wanted and other things jack123sand 2 1,052 01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Danny2009