RR/dyno transmission losses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RR/dyno transmission losses
I believe they do a bunch of computer simulations and therefore know pretty well what kind of power a certain engine configuration will produce even before the first prototype is built.
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 09:00 AM)Ruan Wrote: Engine dyno!

Stick the engine straight on the power absorbing mechanism... No losses!

And up until a few years ago, run it on the thinnest oil they could, with the water pump and all the ancillaries disconnected to get the best figure for the marketing guys Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 07:49 PM)Janne L Wrote: I believe they do a bunch of computer simulations and therefore know pretty well what kind of power a certain engine configuration will produce even before the first prototype is built.

Oh absolutely, they know precisely what power the engine will produce before it's even been seen in the metal!

The engine dynomometer is MOSTLY for endurance/reliability and emissions testing purposes - the fact it gives a power reading is fairly inconsequential!

(28-10-2014, 09:29 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: And up until a few years ago, run it on the thinnest oil they could, with the water pump and all the ancillaries disconnected to get the best figure for the marketing guys Big Grin

And for FI engines - shove a shit off air compressor down the air intake - ultra low losses!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Transmission advert ever! Ben Jay 10 2,308 06-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Darren123