how to drive a car home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to drive a car home
my insurance wont give me temp cover so how could i get passed this and drive it home
Thanks given by:
er.... you would have to get it towed home on a flat bed or trailer?
Thanks given by:
maybe ask the seller if hes still insured to drive it back to yours? do the paperwork at yours then give him a lift back that way it should cover the insurance and road tax issues.
Thanks given by:
Trade plates
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 04:48 PM)daniel909 Wrote: my insurance wont give me temp cover so how could i get passed this and drive it home

there are a few companies that offer one off short term insurances for cars for situations like this..

google temporary insurance.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
There are plenty of temporary cover places online and if you are too young or live in too much of a shit hole consider getting a mate or older relative to drive it for you. The offer of a free lunch and a bit of a road trip is usually a good start.

If not theres loads of companies that'll tow it back for you for a price.
Thanks given by:
How far Rhys? I just bought a 14 foot ifor williams with ramps if your stuck. Not sure if estate would go up ramps without grounding or not, never tried, hatchback will no bother though...

Can your old man not go drive it back on a temp policy?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Depends how far you would have to drive it but I have always risked it but it is a bit naughty
Thanks given by:
Got my mum to drive mine back on temp cover, 20quid for the day
Thanks given by:
I paid 30 for the day for the bx had to get wife tho as I had Dr conviction still worth doing
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Thanks everyone the estate I went to look at got half way and the guy change his mined but no one in the family could get temp cover for under 100
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Remember, as soon as the PO sells the car, he MUST return the tax disc. You MUST either then tax again, or make a SORN declaration. You cannot re-tax unless you have insurance in your name, for that car.

On the other hand ... the car no longer needs to display a tax disc. If all the paperwork is still working it's way through the system, snoop camers will /may think car is still taxed and insured by PO. Personally, I would only risk it same day, and following day, that PO tells DVLA.

Some (not all) insurance certificates say that the insured "may drive any car not owned by them".[/i] Some insurers require (but don't state) that the car must also be insured by the owner. Some do not require that. An "iffy" area, and you may have trouble convincing Plod.

Me? I would find a garage with a recovery truck, ask for a quote. At least you then have a "top line" to get under. Garage may also be willing to drive car home for you in lunch hour, using trade plates and trade insurance.

No VED is a fine, no points. No MOT is a fine, no points. No insurance is a big fine, at least 6 points, possible disqualification, and possible bancruptcy if you injure somebody. Do not muck about with insurance.

Google DAY INSURANCE.

It would be immoral to insure by telephone, on credit card, then cancel the policy within 14 days to get your money back. On the other hand, the insurers will charge for the time they have been at risk, and possibly a cancellation fee as well. £££ They may also enter your name in their little black book, and frown at you next time. Or they may be delighted with the cash collected so far. ???

Me? I prefer to sleep at nights.

Thanks given by:
If a car is sorn though. You cant drive back. So if you buy it on a sunday or an evening you cant tax it. You cant ring up and tax as it would be registerd to old keeper or do it online. Any ideas??

Im just intrested. Im a lucky one with trade plates. Im just intrested
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
This is I think where the new system fails badly.

Even if you could get temp insurance you would need to tax it. And im not sure if temp insurance would show up on system!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 10:50 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Thanks everyone the estate I went to look at got half way and the guy change his mined but no one in the family could get temp cover for under 100
How?

Seriously do you live in a war zone or something?

I bet I could get temp cover and a return train ticket to you to move it for less than £100.

Adrian Flux charge about £35 for a weeks temp cover for me on pretty much anything I've asked about.
Thanks given by:
Aviva do dayinsurance.

I used it myself last night, I paid 20 quid for 24 hours insurance.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well that was a fun drive home Niall 25 3,824 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Grant