Galletto Connection Issues... (and now MPPS queries...)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galletto Connection Issues... (and now MPPS queries...)
Cant seem to read the ECU on the Focus. Tried both EDC16 drivers, and both laptops (XP and 8.1) and always get the same result after several minutes of it trying to read...

[Image: IMAG4126_zps475a0f38.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4125_zps4df7e52b.jpg]

Any ideas?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
OBD loose? connections are always a bit dodge arent they?
Thanks given by:
Seems pretty solid tbh, and I don't have any issues connecting the ELM cable so I think it's possibly a software issue or more likely user error lol.
Thanks given by:
Anyone else? Sad
Thanks given by:
Bring to garage ill pop our diag on at dinner and check if you want. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer but what are you gonna check? The OBD port is fine, I have the ELM plugged in every few days lol.
Thanks given by:
Just thinking if yours doesnt read mine might. Just to rule it out man.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It's only the Galletto that doesn't read, everything else does. Unless you've got any mapping cables? MPPS or KWP or anything?

Also, not sure if it means anything but the Galletto plug flashes red and green while it's trying to read?
Thanks given by:
I don't like Galletto for this reason - more issues than success in my experience.

MPPS all the way.
JP
Thanks given by:
Bin it and get an MPPS. Friend if mine has been through like 5 gallettos and my first mpps is still absolutely perfect. Only paid like 12quid for it!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've mapped loads of VAGs and HDis with this galletto, original one since 2012 without issue so far lol. Suppose I could get an mpps as well though!
Thanks given by:
Solved the issue.....got an MPPS instead.

But it takes a lot longer than Galletto....10 mintues to read! Confused

But now I'm confused, the file it's saved is 2000(ish)kb. I thought map files were 512kb? Confused
Thanks given by:
Depends on the car/ECU mate, although that sounds pretty high

In terms of it taking 10 mins to read, there's normally a slow/fast setting? or at least there is in KWP
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can't speak for the Focus, but the MPPS takes less than a minute to read the data off a 306 HDi (EDC15) ECU

If the file is larger on your ECU then I'd expect it to take longer to read, but 10 minutes does sound like an awfully long time.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Hmm... Confused
Thanks given by:
Tom, that's right. Later ECUs have more in them so the file is bigger. Remember, its not just a "map" in there. There's tonnes of info in it.

Some ECUs take ages to read, take the ECU in a JTD Alfa, 45 minutes to pull off a 2meg file, and then about 3 minutes to write back!!
JP
Thanks given by:
45 mins? Surprised the battery lasts long enough lol. lol

So this file will be fine to send to you then, yeah? Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem. Totally normal.
JP
Thanks given by:
Ah that's good then!

Maybe I just worry too much. Itwasntme
Thanks given by: