Kayley Killed it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayley Killed it
well had an eventfull night, spent most of it sat at the side of the road waiting for the RAC, after a phone call from Kayley "Dad the car stop working HELP"

threw a few tools in the car went on a rescue mission
but ended up calling the recovery as its DEAD!

symptoms

Lost of power,
clattery metalick rattle on stopping,
no restart start
dash showing ECO mode

my diagnostics

loss of compreson
diag reads ign sync error
cambet inplace
cam turning all 8 rockers moving
gearbox and clutch OK

my conclusion

slipped timing
mushed valves
F****D ENGINE
GaMe OvEr

now to decide on putting another engine and box in or just bailing it and getting another banger for her to wreck

[attachment=19759]
[attachment=19760]
Thanks given by:
Got a complete 206 1.4 hdi breaking in the yard cully, nice little diesel conversion be ideal Tongue

Probs worth another motor though, if you do work yourself be cheaper than buying another car, is there alot else wrong with it? As in if you put a known good engine with new belt in, it would be a good car right?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
its a £600 shitter that is beaten around it may be worth putting another £100 engine in it as there is 6 months Tax n ticket left and a full tank of fuel
need to source a 1.1 local as she wont be able to insure any mods being her first car Wink
Thanks given by:
Isn't this the second time something like this has happened...?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
seen on fb. Good luck fixing it! At least you wont need an angine crane to put the 1.1 in. Just get someone to hold it!
Thanks given by:
Eco mode is just a battery saving mode, has nothing to do with the engine.

Does sound like it's f*cked though! Confused
Thanks given by:
well it is dead!
had a look at it today
although the cam belt is in place the belt has a big section of teeth missing so the timing has slipped
no compression on any cylinder so this car is for the breakers yard once ive cherry picked the good bits off
shame as it still has 6 month MOT

alls not lost though we've picked up a 6 month newer 1.4 206 which costs less to insure than the 1.1 which i thought strange , may be because she now has 6 months no claims
Thanks given by:
Sometimes the larger engines are a bit cheaper, everyone goes for the small ones as a first car and then kills them.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Down shifting to 2nd at 70 to beat a Corsa? Wink
Thanks given by:
How odd, when ladysteve had her 1.1 saxo it did the same thing and shredded the teeth on the cambelt. We got it fixed for £200 at the local garage, just needed a couple of new valves and a belt
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Whip head off have a look at damage. To be honest you can get a good head for £50 so why bother messing about. Headgasket kit and cambelt kit. Job done In a day.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
wont be happening as already have a replacement which it is a better car tighter and all together
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 08:31 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Down shifting to 2nd at 70 to beat a Corsa? Wink

Could beat a corsa in 4th tbh. lol

Headgaskets aren't really worth doing on cheap cars imo, gets expensive when you add all the parts up, plus the time as well. I'd say cully made the right choice tbh.

With insurance, its the same for my sister now, 1.2/1.4 are cheaper than the 1.0 shes currently got. Confused
Thanks given by:
good to hear youve got another car with abetter engine! probably cheaper with a bit of NCB!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learner driver killed my 306 :( Leedunn86 14 2,261 22-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Kayley's Passed! :D cully 18 2,404 20-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Matt
  well done Kayley cully 44 9,027 30-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31