place your bets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
place your bets
the yellow thing is in for it's MOT... i'm gonna say fail, 4 items and 2 advisories
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
You should know lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lol i'm betting those 4 items are emissions, everything else is ok i think Tongue
Thanks given by:
1 Fail - Emissions based

1 Advisory - Wanky paintjob

TBH I don't class it as a fail until it's on 4 pages.

Bollocks beat me to it.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't class it as a fail till SRowell thought it was unsafe to drive.
Thanks given by:
i class a car as being un-roadworthy when asked "you gonna take the kids in the car?" and you have to think for more than 10 seconds whether that's a good idea
Thanks given by:
It won't fail...the tester will be too busy giggling at the paintjob to notice anything wrong.... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 03:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It won't fail...the tester will be too busy rolling on the floor laughing at the paintjob to notice anything wrong.... Itwasntme

lmao

Hehe.
Pass with advisories Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fail - Sad

tester was interested in the paint actually, even though he wrote it down as 'green' LOL

2 items, (technically three, but who's counting)

both front headlights are shagged - the inner lens is cloudy and throwing no pattern at all, might even have the wrong bulbs in it as well, no idea ? anyone know what bulbs should go in twin optics?

second - emissions, CO was up in the 5% range, and not coming down when revved, however as i pointed out to the guy, he did test it at about oh i dunno - FLAT COLD, it was reading 75-80 degrees on the guage after the test, and when i asked about it he said anything over 80 is fine, and he tested it.... so no hot exhaust to make the cat start working, and the normal operating temp in this is anything from 90-95.....gawd dumbass... it had a new cat, lambda sensor / gaskets etc in july so shouldn't be a problem there

just have to work through the obvious stuff it could be.. air leaks, sensors, blowing exhaust joints just to have peace of mind then get it retested after a hoon
Thanks given by:
Hmm, that sucks.

Was the new cat a pattern part?
Thanks given by:
it was a genuine one iirc, wasn't cheap

i really think it was just because he didn't let the cat warm to it's optimum point before the test, i also only heard one fast idle test, and probably should've pointed out that if it fails the 1st one, there should be a second (if nothing has changed regarding how the emissions test should be run)
Thanks given by:
Ah, that should be alright then.
Thanks given by:
Twin optic head lights should have 2x H4s per light.

With regards to emissions, the tester sounds like a dick. Older cars will struggle to pass a test if its just been left on the ramp to warm up. If i was you, get the headlights sorted then book it back in and take it for a right royal ragging on the way there. You need to get the coolant up to temp and if you have a oil gauge, get that oil up to 90. If you don't have a gauge, just take it for a long ragging. That should Just get it through.

Also, was the lambda a genuine/bosch item?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 05:08 PM)Niall Wrote: Twin optic head lights should have 2x H4s per light.

Dont you mean h7s? Lol
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 05:16 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(23-10-2014, 05:08 PM)Niall Wrote: Twin optic head lights should have 2x H4s per light.

Dont you mean h7s? Lol

Sorry yes i do. My bad!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I thought the Ph1 twin optics had 2 H1s? Confused
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 05:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I thought the Ph1 twin optics had 2 H1s? Confused

Pretty sure they have h7 for dip and main beam
Thanks given by:
Hmm, always thought they were different to the ph3 bulbs but I may be wrong.
Thanks given by:
from the pics i'm looking at for them, they do look like H1's, the holders have 2 holes to locate the 'bumps' on it, anything bigger just wouldn't fit,

currently sitting alongside a disassembled twin optic with the inner lens being treated to some brasso (well... didn't have any, so gone through mums cupboards and found solme silver polish Tongue)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MOT - taking bets! ginge191 21 3,861 21-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  MOT day; place your bets! ginge191 18 3,961 20-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Bets Please! - How badly am I going to fail my MOT? Dum-Dum 16 3,846 19-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum