up rated P bushes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
up rated P bushes
So gonna be looking for some decent P bushes soon want to buy.something that I know is going to last and preferably with a grantee so if they die o can send them back and get them swapped.

Been looking at powerflex ones but I know these throw the tracking out slightly I belive? Or am I wrong?

What other ones are out there? Any one tried and tested some? Want some that take the abuse well and arnt gonna fall to bits at the sight of running over a pebble.

Thanks given by:
Even if it throws the tracking you can still adjust...

So the options you have are...

Standard 306 ones which are crap
Peugeot partner ones which are a bi t more expensive but a better design.
Rollerbearing ones which are pretty much just for track use as they require greasing and ate a bit harsh.

The powrflex inserts are just for the front of the wishbone aren't they?
Thanks given by:
Powerflex on mine, done 15k miles of abuse....still bang on. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

They add a little caster and camber.

Just make sure you get the updated design if you get the kit with the front bushes, as the early design is the wrong size and shape!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a set of meyle hd wishbones on mine, seem fine

infact, i may have a pair of meyle hd p-bushes somewhere, you can deffo buy them separately
Thanks given by:
I ran meyle HD pbushes and wishbones. Personally I would get the partner ones.
Thanks given by:
You can get the new version of the partner bush from pug for £45-50 iirc,

I have the older ones on both of mine the oldest is 30k and starting to just starting to perish a bit, I've been told the new design is a lot better and around the same price as the old aftermarket ones
Thanks given by:
Ive got meyle HD wishbones. First set gave up but they replaced them under warranty and this set have been spot on!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 07:11 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive got meyle HD wishbones. First set gave up but they replaced them under warranty and this set have been spot on!

forgot about that!

yeah, i wouldn't be messing around after I had motorfactor p-bush pins snap :/

weren't cheap either, think they were gsf jobbies
Thanks given by:
Ok guys I don't mind getting tracking done after that's not an issue, want to make sure I get something that can take some abuse.

I definitely nothe bothered about partner ones seen as for an extra £27 you can get the powerflex p bushes.

I am gonna get power flex front bush to and new ball joints make sure it's all done right.

So any one running the powerflex P bush?

Also considering black series front bush make it nice and stiff. Or should I just go for the normal powerflex ones?

I'll check out the hd ones any one know what they cost?

Thanks given by:
Im running all the powerflex mate. As said, 15k of abuse and its as good as new still.
Go for the standard purple ones mate. Plenty good enough imo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Std Pug one's are fine and will last longer than the Powerflex stuff, the name to me say's it all and they flex more than std, Ask anyone who Rally's a 205 and say POwerflex and see what answer you get back, LOL
I always run the Vibra Tech one's, 4 seasons of racing and they are still good with OE front Pug bush's which is what you want
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I can assure you, powerflex are a LOT stiffer than genuine pug p bushes. Same goes for the front wishbone bushes.

Genuine pug p bushes I have destroyed a set in very few miles.
Seen a number fall apart within a year too.

Just my 2p. I have yet to personally try the partner bushes on the 306 though.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 07:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Im running all the powerflex mate. As said, 15k of abuse and its as good as new still.
Go for the standard purple ones mate. Plenty good enough imo

Oh didn't realise you was running p bushes to. Think I've made my mind up on powerflex then tbh. Best get saving Wink

Thanks given by: